1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Oct '22 17:132 edits
    Chechen soldiers are now fighting alongside Ukraine, which is huge given that Chechnya is a republic in Russia.

YouTube

Those soldiers are risking their lives, not just on the battle field.
    Chechnya's leader supports Putin and provides soldiers; the soldiers could be seen as traitors and killed. These men believe it's worth the risk to fight on the right side.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Oct '22 18:22
    @vivify

No surprise there. No one likes Russian occupation. The Russians are loathed and despised everywhere in Eastern Europe.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 04:01
    @moonbus said
    @vivify

No surprise there. No one likes Russian occupation. The Russians are loathed and despised everywhere in Eastern Europe.
    A rather simplistic generalisation.

You do realise that the Caucasus’ history and politics are just as complicated as that of Palestine / Israel?

There are many (especially Russian speaking people) who would rather be belong with Russia, rather than with their own brand of despotic madman.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 04:15
    @shavixmir
    Always two sides to a story, eh.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 05:05
    @sonhouse said
    @shavixmir
    Always two sides to a story, eh.
    It’s a fukked up area of the planet.

Religious, erhnical, historical divisions, old hatreds, recent woes, heaps of resources and lots of countries wanting influence.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 06:21
    @vivify said
    Chechen soldiers are now fighting alongside Ukraine, which is huge given that Chechnya is a republic in Russia.

[youtube]gX9uZQjinEY[/youtube]

Those soldiers are risking their lives, not just on the battle field.
    Chechnya's leader supports Putin and provides soldiers; the soldiers could be seen as traitors and killed. These men believe it's worth the risk to fight on the right side.
    Don't you mean fighting alongside neo nazis?

https://rumble.com/v1mtm3c-new-york-times-honors-celebrated-neo-nzi-ukrainian-pows.html
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 07:201 edit
    @shavixmir said
    A rather simplistic generalisation.

You do realise that the Caucasus’ history and politics are just as complicated as that of Palestine / Israel?

There are many (especially Russian speaking people) who would rather be belong with Russia, rather than with their own brand of despotic madman.
    Given the brutality with which Putin put down the Chechnya’n revolt to establish his place at the top of the oligarchy, it’s no surprise that there are some who are willing to risk all to see him fail in this endeavour.
    It always seemed odd to me that they went from blood curdling enemies to best buddies, clearly not every Chechnya’n is as forgiving as Putin’s puppet regime in the country.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 07:53
    @kevcvs57 said
    Given the brutality with which Putin put down the Chechnya’n revolt to establish his place at the top of the oligarchy, it’s no surprise that there are some who are willing to risk all to see him fail in this endeavour.
    It always seemed odd to me that they went from blood curdling enemies to best buddies, clearly not every Chechnya’n is as forgiving as Putin’s puppet regime in the country.
    Oh, please don't make it out that the Chechnya is a history of peace loving hippies.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 08:02
    @shavixmir said
    Oh, please don't make it out that the Chechnya is a history of peace loving hippies.
    Have you got your welding goggles on?
    Try reading the post again and highlight the section where I describe Chechnya’n’s as peace loving hippies.
    Probably don’t post during a cosplay session.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 10:37
    @kevcvs57 said
    Have you got your welding goggles on?
    Try reading the post again and highlight the section where I describe Chechnya’n’s as peace loving hippies.
    Probably don’t post during a cosplay session.
    You wrote it as if the Chechnyans are only victims.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 11:19
    @shavixmir said
    You prove my point. The Russians are not well-liked in Eastern Europe, including by many Chechnyans.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 11:482 edits
    @shavixmir said
    I called them blood curdling enemies you filled the rest in with your subconscious.
    BTW seeing as you raised the question, the vast majority of the victims of Russia’s invasion and suppression of the Chechnya’n revolt were innocent civilians.
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 12:39
    @kevcvs57 said
    I called them blood curdling enemies you filled the rest in with your subconscious.
    BTW seeing as you raised the question, the vast majority of the victims of Russia’s invasion and suppression of the Chechnya’n revolt were innocent civilians.
    Mhmmmm
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 13:35
    @shavixmir said
    Mhmmmm
    Indeed
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 13:43
    @kevcvs57 said
    Indeed
    Mhmmmm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree