This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 19:25
    Interesting take.

I think it’s much simpler though. Stupidity crossed with nationalism.

Besides oligarchs and the odd invester, most capitalists oppose brexit.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 20:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 05:36
    The pollution paradox concept's quite interesting, I think he's on to something there.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 09:152 edits
    @shavixmir said
    Interesting take.

I think it’s much simpler though. Stupidity crossed with nationalism.

Besides oligarchs and the odd invester, most capitalists oppose brexit.
    Although it’s a little bit interesting in that it’s written quite well, [as opposed to ‘quite well written’]it’s not particularly convincing in its premise. It is a typical over-engineered leftie-to-rightie missile which is way off its target.

Your claim that most capitalists oppose Brexit is however far most interesting, do you have any data on that?
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 11:32
    @divegeester said
    Although it’s a little bit interesting in that it’s written quite well, [as opposed to ‘quite well written’]it’s not particularly convincing in its premise. It is a typical over-engineered leftie-to-rightie missile which is way off its target.

Your claim that most capitalists oppose Brexit is however far most interesting, do you have any data on that?
    https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-economy-deloitte-cfo/three-quarters-of-big-uk-firms-downbeat-on-brexit-deloitte-survey-idUKKBN1JR29G

For example.
    Google it.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 12:00
    @shavixmir said
    https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-economy-deloitte-cfo/three-quarters-of-big-uk-firms-downbeat-on-brexit-deloitte-survey-idUKKBN1JR29G

For example.
    Google it.
    Holy crap on a Christmas tree. We are gonna lose our access to Bratwurst and Irish recipe sausages thanks to bloody brexit and a crappy negotiating team.
    Who’d a thought it would come to this, no Bratties.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 16:10
    @shavixmir said

For example.
    Google it.
    Blimey that’s 2.5 years ago, and doesn’t answer the question anyway.

I did google it but can’t find anything definitive and certainly not contemporaneous with current affairs.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 16:111 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Holy crap on a Christmas tree. We are gonna lose our access to Bratwurst and Irish recipe sausages thanks to bloody brexit and a crappy negotiating team.
    Who’d a thought it would come to this, no Bratties.
    Well you can expect travel across Europe to now be virtually impossible, what with (possibly) needing a visa AND a vaccine passport!
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 18:52
    @divegeester said
    Blimey that’s 2.5 years ago, and doesn’t answer the question anyway.

I did google it but can’t find anything definitive and certainly not contemporaneous with current affairs.
    I posted the first link I found.

There’s poops loads on the BBC about it too.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 Nov '20 09:19
    @divegeester said
    Well you can expect travel across Europe to now be virtually impossible, what with (possibly) needing a visa AND a vaccine passport!
    Yeah but what about the Bratties not coming in the other direction. It’s actually the EU side that has decided this but it’s a sign of the silliness to come.
    Not being able to get your hands on a dodgy banana or carrot is going to pale into insignificance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree