1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 17:53
    What’s this I’ve been hearing?

Large companies are moving to Europe?

Boris’ father has applied for an EU passport, so his grand children can be European?

Rich brexit supporters are moving to Europe; like Jim Ratcliffe!

Reese-Mogg... has moved his wealth to Ireland...

Well. I wonder if this is saying anything?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 23:571 edit
    @shavixmir said

Boris’ father has applied for an EU passport, so his grand children can be European?

Sources? One I expect, The Independent was it?

The Johnson family are well known to be split in their opinion of Brexit, so what’s your news here?

Large companies moving to Europe? Like all the car factories were then weren’t?

Someone’s moving to Europe, so what?

Mogg is rich prick who moves his wealth around all the time...

Good to see you are still caring about all this for us 😉
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 04:38
    @divegeester said
    Sources? One I expect, The Independent was it?

The Johnson family are well known to be split in their opinion of Brexit, so what’s your news here?

Large companies moving to Europe? Like all the car factories were then weren’t?

Someone’s moving to Europe, so what?

Mogg is rich prick who moves his wealth around all the time...

Good to see you are still caring about all this for us 😉
    I have lots of friends and family in the UK.

I’m glad to see you still aren’t worried.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 12:16
    @shavixmir said
    I have lots of friends and family in the UK.

I’m glad to see you still aren’t worried.
    Not in the slightest.

I think paying for the pandemic will far outweigh any short term with Brexit, in fact Brexit effect may even help us.

I’m pleased to see the UK government holding the EU’s feet to the negotiation fire.
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 12:23
    @shavixmir said

Matches my sister's experience who was made redundant by a Dutch company pre-pandemic. Interestingly they didn't close down in Glasgow which made me wonder how they saw the future playing out.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 18:06
    @petewxyz said
    Matches my sister's experience who was made redundant by a Dutch company pre-pandemic. Interestingly they didn't close down in Glasgow which made me wonder how they saw the future playing out.
    I had a friend who died recently...

Thanks Brexit!
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 04:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 04:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 03:49
    @divegeester said
    Not in the slightest.

I think paying for the pandemic will far outweigh any short term with Brexit, in fact Brexit effect may even help us.

I’m pleased to see the UK government holding the EU’s feet to the negotiation fire.
    My reply was removed for no reason at all.
    I filed a complaint, but I’ve not had an answer.

I used the English spelling for snickering.
    Well, I am sorry!
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 04:05
    But, on topic:

During the 2016 brexit referendum, the leave campaign were saying Britain would remain in the single market and get a better deal; more money for the NHS, saving the fishing industry, no border checks in Ireland and taking control of “our”’own borders.

Now, 4 years later, the the same people (like Gove and Pettel) have the following on offer:
    Absolutely out of the single market (with all the consequences of WHO rules), no deal at all (and indeed, all trade deals with other countries are scrapped as well), the cuts on the NHS are still happening (even after the Corona crisis), Northern Ireland’s being thrown to the wolves and, formthe foreseeable future, no checks on goods coming into the country and the fishing and farming industries are “not worth saving”

I’m just wondering if this is what the leave campaign had in mind all along?
    And do they seriously think this path is still in Britain’s best interest.

I mean, I’m just wondering. There’s nothing to be done about it anymore. So it’s a given.
    But, I’m just wondering if the leavers still think the government is giving them what they initially asked for.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 06:333 edits
    @shavixmir said
    But, on topic:

During the 2016 brexit referendum, the leave campaign were saying Britain would remain in the single market and get a better deal; more money for the NHS, saving the fishing industry, no border checks in Ireland and taking control of “our”’own borders.

Now, 4 years later, the the same people (like Gove and Pettel) have the following on offer:
    Absolutel ...[text shortened]... st wondering if the leavers still think the government is giving them what they initially asked for.
    To answer your question; I’m not sure what the “Leave” campaign had in mind all along. I didn’t subscribe to their campaigning idealism and promises.

I want out. I want out from an ideological perspective and if it costs, it costs. Which it will a bit I expect, but the longer term benefits will outweigh any short term issues. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again and again and again, the EU is a broken reed and an abhorrence of what it was initially intended to be. It is become a political octopus sucking in power and wealth form the nation states it claims to represent and the sooner it killed off the better. It is now an overblown undemocratic corporation filled with fat cats and gravy-train riding lightweights. Europe can do MUCH better, and will.

Hope this helps with your undying concern over our democratically voted for exit.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 06:36
    @shavixmir said
    You should write to your MEP, I’m sure they will be happy to take up your case.
  13. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 15:04
    @shavixmir said
    Absolutely out of the single market (with all the consequences of WHO rules), no deal at all (and indeed, all trade deals with other countries are scrapped as well), the cuts on the NHS are still happening (even after the Corona crisis), Northern Ireland’s being thrown to the wolves and, formthe foreseeable future, no checks on goods coming into the country and the fishing ...[text shortened]... e “not worth saving”

I’m just wondering if this is what the leave campaign had in mind all along?
    Yes, of course it was what they had in mind all along. It was a clever coup by a bunch of free-market extremists who couldn't live even with the pitifully inadequate degree of regulation insisted upon by Brussels and want to turn us into Singapore-on-Thames. They knew that this vision of Britain governed by millionaires for the benefit of foreign billionaires would not sell, so they lied about their intentions. Thus we heard even Nigel Farage commenting on how well Switzerland and Norway were doing outside the EU, as if the Norwegian model was what he had in mind.

Not everyone who campaigned for Brexit was a billionaire, and not everyone who voted for Brexit was a racist. But I still think in the end that it was a trick played by billionaires on racists.
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 15:09
    @shavixmir said

I used the English spelling for snickering.
    Well, I am sorry!
    The auto mod will always remove posts that contain the 'n' word (even if innocently embedded in another word).
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 22:04
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The auto mod will always remove posts that contain the 'n' word (even if innocently embedded in another word).
    But if you raise an objection shouldn’t the human mods reinstate the post, the word in question has insinuated itself into quite a few perfectly innocent words.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree