1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 22:37
    A post that actually is on-topic:

Janet Yellen is Biden's pick as Treasury Secretary, the first woman to be named to the Cabinet post.

Can't wait for the inevitable Guardian article telling us how terrible she is.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 22:431 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 22:471 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The whole subject remains off-topic.

I didn't read such a post. If it existed, it should have been removed and the poster banned.

If you want to start a thread in say the General Forum discussing the matter, go ahead. It is inappropriate in this thread and on this Forum. As I stated in the other thread:

"This Forum is not a vehicle for you to spill out your never ending grievances against other posters. It is for Debate of issues of general interest."
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 22:53
    He keeps demanding the censorship of your posts in which he's demanding the censorship of your posts?
    If I'm reading this correctly it sounds like he wants your posts censored.

almost nothing gets passed me
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 23:03
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=femsplaining

Femsplaining
    fem•splain•ing — noun

The act of a woman — typically, of the feminist variety — to mistakenly believe she knows more than a man and about a man’s actions, then attempts to explain her "knowledge" via word-vomit.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 23:371 edit

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 23:43

8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 23:44
    Sure it is; it is regarding a woman nominated for a Cabinet post which no woman has held before just like Flournoy.

Yellen's area of expertise - economics - has also been completely male dominated at the higher levels until recently. Here's an article from 2014 regarding her appointment to the Fed:

"Even though Yellen’s appointment now feels long overdue, the Post profile is a vivid reminder that Yellen cut her teeth as an economist and an academic in a time when no one was circulating online petitions on women’s behalves. She was the only woman in her Ph.D. class at Yale and one of two women on the faculty of Harvard’s economics department."

https://www.thecut.com/2014/02/yellen-shattered-glass-ceilings-for-decades.html

Assuming all her policy positions aren't what leftist writers on the Guardian desire (a fair bet), should we also conclude that her appointment isn't a "win for feminism"?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 23:48
    No, your repeated posting of the same post is "spamming". Many of your other posts are off-topic. Both are barred by the Forum Posting Guidelines.

I already answered your points regarding my "lying" or "misconstruing" her failure to address the present political realities in the US. I see no reason to do it ten times just because you want to post the same thing over and over and over again.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 23:53

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 23:59

12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 03:15
    What kind of tree?

There are 60,000 species of trees in the world. This may sound like a meaningless albeit interesting fact if it weren't for the several times I've seen you saying something about hanging out in a tree. Orangutans hang out in trees too, although I do not understand the relevance of this within the context of a thread having to do with... with the subject at hand.

And please do not alert this post, because I put a lot of time and thought and blood and sweat into transcribing my thoughts into words here.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 04:391 edit

14. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 06:37
    You mean like a Christmas tree?

Sorry, but I still don't get why you keep repeating that hanging from a tree story.
    Are you assuming all of us have extremely short memories?
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 09:07
    @no1marauder said
    A post that actually is on-topic:

Janet Yellen is Biden's pick as Treasury Secretary, the first woman to be named to the Cabinet post.

Can't wait for the inevitable Guardian article telling us how terrible she is.
    The BBCs financial correspondent / reporter seems very pro Yellen. I got the impression the She has some celebrity status in the community.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree