1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 18:25
    "Ben & Jerry’s said Monday it was going to stop selling its ice cream in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and contested east Jerusalem, saying the sales in the territories sought by the Palestinians are “inconsistent with our values.”

The announcement was one of the strongest and highest-profile rebukes by a well-known company of Israel’s policy of settling its citizens on war-won lands. The settlements are widely seen by the international community as illegal and obstacles to peace."

https://apnews.com/article/ben-and-jerrys-ice-cream-palestinian-territories-d8488b4c9c19dac11e2c253530d63014?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

The reaction of the Israeli government was quick and predictable:

"Israel’s Foreign Minister Yair Lapid called the decision “a shameful capitulation to antisemitism, BDS and everything bad in the anti-Israel and anti-Jewish discourse.” He said he is going to take the issue to the more than 30 states that have legislation against the anti-Israel boycott movement."

Is not selling ice cream in territories occupied by Israel "anti-Semitism"?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 18:27
    @no1marauder said
    "Ben & Jerry’s said Monday it was going to stop selling its ice cream in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and contested east Jerusalem, saying the sales in the territories sought by the Palestinians are “inconsistent with our values.”

The announcement was one of the strongest and highest-profile rebukes by a well-known company of Israel’s policy of settling its citizens ...[text shortened]... boycott movement."

Sounds like a great opportunity for some enterprising Jewish businessman.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 18:33
    @no1marauder said

The announcement was one of the strongest and highest-profile rebukes by a well-known company of Israel’s policy of settling its citizens ...[text shortened]... boycott movement."

Nope.

If I was Ben & Jerries I wouldn’t have stopped selling ice cream though.
    I’d have brought out a new flavour: Cashew holocaust or something.
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 04:29
    @shavixmir said
    Nope.

If I was Ben & Jerries I wouldn’t have stopped selling ice cream though.
    I’d have brought out a new flavour: Cashew holocaust or something.
    Cancel culture?

Senator James Lankford (R-Okla.) wants to ban the sale of B & J in the USA.
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 05:12
    I'll celebrate with a pint of Salted Caramel Core. Yummy
  6. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 10:10
    Ben & Jerry are into all kind of left wing causes, they were supporters of the Free Mumia movement. They sold Ben&Jerry's some time ago but apparently the company is still run by libtards.
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 10:451 edit
    @no1marauder said

The announcement was one of the strongest and highest-profile rebukes by a well-known company of Israel’s policy of settling its citizens on war-won lands.

I agree with what Ben and Jerry's is trying to accomplish, but in the scheme of things, pulling some shipments of ice cream isn't exactly going to send shockwaves throughout the Israeli government.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 10:53
    @no1marauder said

Poor Jews, now they are going to suffer. Its going to be worse than the holocaust. I guess now they have no choice but to give up the land to the Palestinians.

Seriously Ben and Jerry's tastes like $$hitt. I bet they still have HagenDaz. So tell B&J to GTFO. .. lol
  9. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 10:55
    @Rajk999
    OMG they'll have to buy some other kind of ice cream.........how will they ever hold up?
    I doubt there was much of a market for Ben & Jerry's ice cream way over there anyway.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 10:57
    @dood111 said
    @Rajk999
    OMG they'll have to buy some other kind of ice cream.........how will they ever hold up?
    I doubt there was much of a market for Ben & Jerry's ice cream way over there anyway.
    Clearly B&J have a highly exaggerated opinion of their product.
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 12:33
    The whole idea of Ben & Jerry's is to make a statement, that's all. But hopefully, other businesses
    will follow suit and maybe lead to a boycott of Israel, Cancel Culture style. How awesome would *that* be.
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 12:361 edit
    @no1marauder said

I don't know whether it's anti-Semitism. You'd have to look into the minds of the decision-makers to determine that. The standard of singling out Israel amongst all the human rights abusers B&J continues to deal with (I'm not mentioning names to avoid going off on a tangent) is certainly suspect.

What is no doubt true is that political boycott is an act of economic war and Israel is justified in whatever economic retaliation is chooses to impose.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 12:39
    I will say this: If this gets Jewish people to eat less ice cream in all, it will be worth it.

Cutting down on ice cream will increase your life expectancy more than wearing one of those damned cloth masks in the supermarket, anyway.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 12:41
    @wildgrass said
    Cancel culture?

Senator James Lankford (R-Okla.) wants to ban the sale of B & J in the USA.
    Yes, there are federal anti-boycott laws.

Of course, they won't be enforced in this case.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 12:42
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I'll celebrate with a pint of Salted Caramel Core. Yummy
    Didn't learn your lesson from the long COVID, eh?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree