1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 23:11
    Some call it the bottleneck of shipping. For some strange reason there is no shortage of imports to supply businesses with goods, yet there seems to be little incentive to ship them to their destinations.

The corporate news media is blaming the pandemic even though lockdown restrictions are a distant memory to most. It is a ridiculous excuse for price gouging because that is what is happening.

The shortages are intentional. Capitalism isn't that inefficient.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 23:271 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Some call it the bottleneck of shipping. For some strange reason there is no shortage of imports to supply businesses with goods, yet there seems to be little incentive to ship them to their destinations.

The corporate news media is blaming the pandemic even though lockdown restrictions are a distant memory to most. It is a ridiculous excuse for price gouging because that is what is happening.

The shortages are intentional. Capitalism isn't that inefficient.
    no truck drivers to haul from the ports...collecting unemployment
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 23:42
    @mott-the-hoople said
    That isn't the problem
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 03:31
    Jen Psaki Says Empty Shelves And Rising Prices Are Due To "Increasing Demand"

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/jen-psaki-tries-explain-empty-store-shelves-and-rising-prices-saying-more-people-are-buying

More misinformation from the white house. Like the coin shortage they blame covid even though that makes no sense at all. Quarters are disappearing because of covid...... Right. I guess covid doesn't like dimes as much as quarters. Picky covid.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 09:52
    @metal-brain said
    Jen Psaki Says Empty Shelves And Rising Prices Are Due To "Increasing Demand"

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/jen-psaki-tries-explain-empty-store-shelves-and-rising-prices-saying-more-people-are-buying

More misinformation from the white house. Like the coin shortage they blame covid even though that makes no sense at all. Quarters are disappearing because of covid...... Right. I guess covid doesn't like dimes as much as quarters. Picky covid.
    It is definitely an issue around a shortage of truck drivers that why the ships cannot unload their containers because the previous containers are still on the dockside.
    As for small denomination coins a lot of sensible people went contactless for most payments rather than handle cash that had been handled by any number of other people because of covid.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 00:12
    @kevcvs57 said
    It is definitely an issue around a shortage of truck drivers that why the ships cannot unload their containers because the previous containers are still on the dockside.
    As for small denomination coins a lot of sensible people went contactless for most payments rather than handle cash that had been handled by any number of other people because of covid.
    So quarters are preferred to be taken out of circulation by covid than dimes? I had no idea Covid preferred some coins with higher melt value over others. I had no idea viruses were so smart. They know the melt value of coins. Amazing!

Maybe covid can do my income taxes next.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 07:53
    @metal-brain said
    So quarters are preferred to be taken out of circulation by covid than dimes? I had no idea Covid preferred some coins with higher melt value over others. I had no idea viruses were so smart. They know the melt value of coins. Amazing!

Maybe covid can do my income taxes next.
    It also knows your a deranged halfwit it’s clever that way.
    So the conspiracy is against quarters but not dimes 🤔 what a clever conspiracy.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 07:55
    @mott-the-hoople said
    You infer that the companies won't top unemployment benefits? Then they won't make enough money if they pay wages to get people working and thus market will cleanse them from competition. capitalism at work.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 10:091 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    It also knows your a deranged halfwit it’s clever that way.
    So the conspiracy is against quarters but not dimes 🤔 what a clever conspiracy.
    You are so ignorant!
    The gov is taking coins out of circulation that have a higher melt value relative to other coins. They are using covid as a lame explanation that makes no sense.

https://www.happypreppers.com/coin.html

They are anticipating the inflation and taking quarters out of circulation before people hoard them like they did when quarters were made of 90% silver and they stopped making them from silver.

Here is some good advice. Save your coins!
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 11:171 edit
    @metal-brain said
    You are so ignorant!
    The gov is taking coins out of circulation that have a higher melt value relative to other coins. They are using covid as a lame explanation that makes no sense.

https://www.happypreppers.com/coin.html

They are anticipating the inflation and taking quarters out of circulation before people hoard them like they did when quarters were made of 90% silver and they stopped making them from silver.

Here is some good advice. Save your coins!
    Yeah like I’m going to follow the link to a site called “happypreppers” 🙄
    Your such a nut job. Why don’t you synopsise this conspiracy for us rather than trying to drum up hits for whacko conspiracy sites.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '21 12:34
    @kevcvs57 said
    Yeah like I’m going to follow the link to a site called “happypreppers” 🙄
    Your such a nut job. Why don’t you synopsise this conspiracy for us rather than trying to drum up hits for whacko conspiracy sites.
    “happypreppers” is NOT a conspiracy site.
    Stop LYING!

The problem is that a lot of truck drivers are retiring because they don't want the gene vaccine. It isn't covid, it is the vaccine mandate that is causing the shortages. Biden is an incompetent idiot!
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Oct '21 13:09
    @metal-brain said
    Stop LYING!

The problem is that a lot of truck drivers are retiring because they don't want the gene vaccine. It isn't covid, it is the vaccine mandate that is causing the shortages. Biden is an incompetent idiot!
    Mott claimed they rather get the unemployment benefits...

Is the vaccination mandatory fo truck drivers in the USA??? I thought it was a battle about people in health systems.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '21 13:162 edits
    @ponderable said
    Mott claimed they rather get the unemployment benefits...

Is the vaccination mandatory fo truck drivers in the USA??? I thought it was a battle about people in health systems.
    Do you deny truckers (and many others) are collecting unemployment instead of working?

https://cdllife.com/2020/more-than-1-3-million-still-on-unemployment-in-the-trucking-industry/

I have also discovered a lot of the backup is because there is not enough trucks that will meet newsomes new enviromental requirements.

It is a man made supply shortage, just like the soaring fuel prices is because of bidens policies.

Why do liberals defend having our money taken from us?
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    25 Oct '21 13:181 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Stop LYING!

Ahh yes I see that must be right because we have a massive truck driver shortage over here with no vaccine mandate, that makes perfect sense now you’ve explained it.
    And the conspiracy surrounding quarters? 😂😂
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Oct '21 13:20
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Do you deny truckers (and many others) are collecting unemployment instead of working?

https://cdllife.com/2020/more-than-1-3-million-still-on-unemployment-in-the-trucking-industry/

I have also discovered a lot of the backup is because there is not enough trucks that will meet newsomes new enviromental requirements.

It is a man made supply shortage, just li ...[text shortened]... fuel prices is because of bidens policies.

Why do liberals defend having our money taken from us?
    From your sourec:

As of August 2020, approximately 1,386,000 people in the trucking industry remained on unemployment, compared to 587,000 in August 2019.

you have any number for today?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree