1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 22:212 edits
    New York City has had a large spike in crime since police budget cuts.
    AOC claims it is a result of unemployed people stealing to feed their hungry children

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez:
    “Maybe this has to do with the fact that people aren’t paying their rent and are scared to pay their rent and so they go out, and they need to feed their child and they don’t have money,” Rep. Ocasio-Cortez continued. “So they feel like they either need to shoplift some bread or go hungry.”
    https://news.yahoo.com/aoc-suggests-nyc-crime-spike-143417174.html

Then there is this:
    Murders continue to surge in NYC with 38 killings in the last four weeks
    A bloody four-week stretch has helped drive murders up by more than 25% across New York compared to a year ago, according to NYPD statistics.

The city saw 38 killings over the past four weeks compared to 19 over the same time frame last year. So far, there have been 32 more murders this year than in the same period in 2019, with 159 through Sunday.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-murders-other-crimes-rise-nyc-20200615-6qgvjxsf4bhddapdbm254orbjy-story.html
    ============

What a gigantic PHONY. Murdering for "bread". Jeeeezus
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 22:42
    @earl-of-trumps said
    AOC claims it is a result of unemployed people stealing to feed their hungry children

[i]“Maybe this has to do with the fact that people aren’t paying their rent and are scared to pay their rent and so they go out, and they need to feed their child and they don’t have ...[text shortened]... ddapdbm254orbjy-story.html
    ============

Of course no such budget cuts have actually gone into effect yet and four week fluctuations of such small numbers are not statistically significant.

But hey keep spreading the propaganda.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 22:52
    @earl-of-trumps said

[i]“Maybe this has to do with the fact that people aren’t paying their rent and are scared to pay their rent and so they go out, and they need to feed their child and they don’t have ...[text shortened]... ddapdbm254orbjy-story.html
    ============

"...they either need to shoplift some bread or go hungry."

I can't believe I'm saying this, but... Let them eat cake.
  4. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 23:00
    @no1marauder said
    Of course no such budget cuts have actually gone into effect yet and four week fluctuations of such small numbers are not statistically significant.

You mean the propaganda that NYC cops are shooting people all the time for no reason?
    In the 70's NYC police were getting in shoot outs 300+ times per year.
    In 2017 they were in 19.
    But hey sell the story that they are hunting civilians for sport it sells to the libs.
  5. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 23:40
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Speaking of being a phony, she loves to brag about being from the Bronx, but she wasn't living in some run down tenement, she was living in a private community called Parkchester, hardly the run down part of the Bronx she infers she grew up in. . Her father was an architect and when she was five they moved to Yorktown Heights, an small upscale community 45 miles from NYC, where she was know as Sandy Cortez. Then on to Boston University.
    So she's hardly from "dem mean streets".
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 00:52
    @no1marauder said

I think the rate is likely to be sustained over the summer.

Numbers will increase when the ability to effectively police, due to public perception and liberal politicians clamoring for defunding them, is decreased.
  7. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 01:18
    @no1marauder said

The increase in crime goes way back, not just four weeks, and it's a result of NYC cops being told not to do their jobs and the no bail get out of jail immediately after arrest policy the idiot politicians instituted.
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 01:23
    @dood111 said
    The increase in crime goes way back, not just four weeks, and it's a result of NYC cops being told not to do their jobs and the no bail get out of jail immediately after arrest policy the idiot politicians instituted.
    It is very appropriate for yuo to have 1789 moves on Bastille day, mon ami.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 01:28
    @dood111 said
    Sounds like the prisons are full.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 01:52
    @philokalia said
    I think the rate is likely to be sustained over the summer.

Numbers will increase when the ability to effectively police, due to public perception and liberal politicians clamoring for defunding them, is decreased.
    I'm impressed that you can tell what the crime rate in NYC is going to be in the immediate future from your perch about 7,000 miles away.

There are almost 40,000 police in NYC and somehow they have to stumble alone with a mere $5 billion budget. If they can't do their job, maybe they should be replaced.
  11. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 01:53
    @philokalia said
    OMG that is a great observation.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 01:53
    @philokalia said
    You right wingers would have been up Louie's posterior and moaning about the bloodthirsty mobs trying to destroy French "culture".
  13. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 02:00
    @no1marauder said
    You right wingers would have been up Louie's posterior and moaning about the bloodthirsty mobs trying to destroy French "culture".
    I guess you never heard of "The Reign of Terror?"
    That's what the radicals are trying to bring about in America.
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 08:16
    @no1marauder said
    Yes.
  15. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 11:432 edits
    @no1marauder said
    You would have been manning the guillotine, gleefully bringing social justice to former neighbors.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree