1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 03:34
    What the hell is going on here then?
    In the US alone there have been 2500 incidents of fist fighting on airplanes the last year.

Now, I heard that number and can only assume it’s rounded off. I mean, it would be strange if it was exactly that number…

Anyhoo… what the hell’s going on there?
    Too much drinking? Surely, surely… that’s a European thing… football, booze… are you fookin’ lookin’ at me then?

Stress relief? Why on airplanes? Or is it happening on subways too?

Pretty, pretty, pretty strange, if you ask me.
    Not that you are, but I did say: “if”.
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 11:09
    @shavixmir said
    In the US alone there have been 2500 incidents of fist fighting on airplanes the last year.

Now, I heard that number and can only assume it’s rounded off. I mean, it would be strange if it was exactly that number…

Too much drinking? Surely, surely… that’s a European thing… football, booze… ...[text shortened]... bways too?

Its a microcosm of privileged beings, being frustrated and unable to cope with other equally entitled beings exercising their privilege. For my 2 cents, its the inevitable consequence of being drip fed individual freedom as an absolute virtue, without a commensurate measure of civic duty and social responsibility as an obligation to counterbalance their independence.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 11:15
    It is the result of people who h as ve not been socialized by being raised in a stable family.

No different than graffiti. It used to be only seen in the poor side of town, but now you can see it as anywhere. Poverty culture is spreading throughout society and being gangsta is cool.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 14:02
    @Eladar
    More like the zombie republicans have been so perverted by Trump they think they have freedom to do anything they want regardless of consequences, just like your god king Trump.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 14:16
    @shavixmir said

Too much drinking? Surely, surely… that’s a European thing… football, booze… ...[text shortened]... bways too?

Is 2,500 a lot? It's all relative, I guess.

According to the BTS, there are roughly 10 million flights per year O/D in the US. So, in tiny metal containers where strangers are squashed together for hours on end in uncomfortable seats with limited access to food, water and restrooms, fist fights (which could just mean one slap or punch that doesn't connect) erupt in about 1 of every 4,000 flights.

I dunno. Doesn't seem so bad.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 14:20
    @eladar said
    It is the result of people who h as ve not been socialized by being raised in a stable family.

No different than graffiti. It used to be only seen in the poor side of town, but now you can see it as anywhere. Poverty culture is spreading throughout society and being gangsta is cool.
    Poverty Culture, a great phrase. And your point can be applied to tattoos. Who'd a thunk........ Maybe I should get one?
    When my grandkids get to 25 (21 aint old enough) they each get $1000 if they don't have a tattoo. I almost hope one does so that I can see a child learn a life lesson. No pay for her!!!
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 16:44
    @averagejoe1 said
    Poverty Culture, a great phrase. And your point can be applied to tattoos. Who'd a thunk........ Maybe I should get one?
    When my grandkids get to 25 (21 aint old enough) they each get $1000 if they don't have a tattoo. I almost hope one does so that I can see a child learn a life lesson. No pay for her!!!
    I guess tattoos fall outside your straight and narrow boundaries ? 😛
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 00:44
    @shavixmir said

You never know when you have to kick the butt of some weirdo who wants to crash the plane into a skyscraper
  9. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 03:19
    @sonhouse
    So....I suppose your god/king is Biden?
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 06:55
    @kmax87 said
    Its a microcosm of privileged beings, being frustrated and unable to cope with other equally entitled beings exercising their privilege. For my 2 cents, its the inevitable consequence of being drip fed individual freedom as an absolute virtue, without a commensurate measure of civic duty and social responsibility as an obligation to counterbalance their independence.
    Hear hear! America has a Statue of Liberty on one coast; it should also have a Statue of Responsibility on the other one.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 07:00
    @sh76 said
    Is 2,500 a lot? It's all relative, I guess.

According to the BTS, there are roughly 10 million flights per year O/D in the US. So, in tiny metal containers where strangers are squashed together for hours on end in uncomfortable seats with limited access to food, water and restrooms, fist fights (which could just mean one slap or punch that doesn't connect) erupt in about 1 of every 4,000 flights.

I dunno. Doesn't seem so bad.
    Imagine giving upwards of 300 million people with weak impulse control unlimited access to guns and then telling them 'no, you can't have them on airplanes' -- of course, they're going to get testy. America needs collective anger management.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '21 07:08
    @sonhouse said
    @Eladar
    More like the zombie republicans have been so perverted by Trump they think they have freedom to do anything they want regardless of consequences, just like your god king Trump.
    So the 2500 incidents were all Republicans?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree