1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 09:46
    @suzianne said
    In my early 20's I went through my Debbie Harry phase, my hair was the same shade and I cut it short like hers. They loved me on Karaoke Night πŸ™‚. Of course that was while I was in Tucson, going to school at UofA, roller-skating to classes and playing "Skateaway" on my Walkman.

God, I miss those days.
    Blondie didn't exist in the early 20s it was all flappers and gangsters molls.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 09:49
    @stellspalfie said
    The best girl band around at the moment -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie6plcFQ330&list=RDie6plcFQ330&start_radio=1
    A fantastic band, got all their albums, sex on legs or what.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 12:36
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 04:40
    4 Non Blondes - What's Up
    YouTube
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 04:49
    the Shangri Las
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 08:12
    @stellspalfie said
    The best girl band around at the moment -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie6plcFQ330&list=RDie6plcFQ330&start_radio=1
    Not bad. Not bad at all.
    Great beat, original sound...timely attitude. πŸ™‚
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Nov '18 10:03
    @wolfe63 said
    Not bad. Not bad at all.
    Great beat, original sound...timely attitude. πŸ™‚
    check out goya dress
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 17:31
    Warpaint are great.

I am a big fan of CHAI's aesthetic and this song:

YouTube
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 17:34
    Don't forget the best/worst band in the world, The Shaggs:

YouTube
  10. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 01:26
    @Suzianne

Miss Moneypenny was beyond hot...
  11. Standard memberXYYZ
    The 'Fett'
    Phx
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 15:33
    @shallow-blue said
    Alanis Morrisette is a female singer, not a girl band. Blondie was a mixed band with a female singer. Girls Aloud and Atomic Kitten had enough drama to fill years of tabloids.
    Band: Kittie
    CD: Spit
    Tracks: 'Brackish' & 'Johnny'
    Boom! (mike drop & don't look back walk-away)
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 10:52
    @shallow-blue said
    Jpeg! Jpeg!
    YouTube : Skateaway

This is the best I can do for ya. Enjoy...
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 19:102 edits
    @suzianne said
    In my early 20's I went through my Debbie Harry phase, my hair was the same shade and I cut it short like hers. They loved me on Karaoke Night πŸ™‚. Of course that was while I was in Tucson, going to school at UofA, roller-skating to classes and playing "Skateaway" on my Walkman.

God, I miss those days.
    About the same time I was in Tucson also, with my band Sugarloaf Mountain String band, got some nice gigs around, but was working as traffic light technician around the state all the way down to the border, Yuma, Merinci and the like.

Sugarloaf was mixed, 2 women, Sara Grey and my wife Susan, Yves Chandon from France, me and Chester Gentrie, Sara is the real deal, google her. My wife Susan started 3 dulcimer societies, one in Jerusalem, Israeli Duclimer society, one in Scottsdale, Arizona Dulcimer society, and one here in Pennsylvania, the Appalachian Dulcimer society which fell with a thud. other two still going strong.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 02:452 edits
    @sonhouse said
    About the same time I was in Tucson also, with my band Sugarloaf Mountain String band, got some nice gigs around, but was working as traffic light technician around the state all the way down to the border, Yuma, Merinci and the like.

Sugarloaf was mixed, 2 women, Sara Grey and my wife Susan, Yves Chandon from France, me and Chester Gentrie, Sara is the real deal, googl ...[text shortened]... Pennsylvania, the Appalachian Dulcimer society which fell with a thud. other two still going strong.
    I saw a lot of local bands while I was in Tucson, because there were plenty of hole in the wall bars over on the west side of campus, up and down Euclid. It's probable I might have seen your group and never known it. This was 20 years ago, '96-'99.

Dulcimer music was hot right around then so it's entirely probable. I know I saw several groups with dulcimer players. They were usually female, so yeah.
  15. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 07:46
    @suzianne said

God, I miss those days.
    Well, you are older than I thought.

Walkman? Roller skating?

πŸ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree