1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 08:32
    Trying to come back to the OP:

There is a novel set in historic times. It is not Nobel Prize stuff, but it is well to read (for some of us). Those who don't like it should just go on and find something more to their liking.

When I was young I never broke off reading a book. At some point I asked myself what I wanted to achieve with this. (Answer: probably a "star" on my resume 😉 )Nowadays I take the liberty to stop reading books I don't like for any reason, and I might be a tad happier reader than in earlier times 🙂
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    02 Mar '20 17:45
    @ponderable said
    Trying to come back to the OP:

There is a novel set in historic times. It is not Nobel Prize stuff, but it is well to read (for some of us). Those who don't like it should just go on and find something more to their liking.

When I was young I never broke off reading a book. At some point I asked myself what I wanted to achieve with this. (Answer: probably a "star" o ...[text shortened]... ding books I don't like for any reason, and I might be a tad happier reader than in earlier times 🙂
    Herr Ponderable, when is the next RHP Poetry and/or Prose Contest?

The few that I recall were generally held at this time of the year, no?

Danke.
  3. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    03 Mar '20 15:105 edits

Removed by poster

4. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    03 Mar '20 20:09
    caesar was white.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    03 Mar '20 23:13
    @mister-moggy said
    caesar was white.
    There was more than one Caesar.
  6. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    04 Mar '20 17:14
    @mister-moggy said
    caesar was white.
    Not this caesar...

https://100greatblackbritons.com/bios/septimus_severus.html
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    04 Mar '20 17:25
    @mister-moggy said
    caesar was white.
    mister moggy is a mutt
  8. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    04 Mar '20 17:42
    @lemondrop said
    mister moggy is a mutt
    And I was picturing him as a cat lol
  9. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    02 May '20 07:26

Removed by poster

10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    06 May '20 04:40
    @Benjamin-Barker
    Hi. I was wondering what your copy editor said when you told her about the typos.
  11. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    06 May '20 08:124 edits
    @HandyAndy

I am working on another book at the moment - once that's done I shall be publishing a second draft of SEVERUS to silence all the grammar Nazis! 😉

Those issues are obviously not as noticeable in the audiobook version which has been selling very well since the lockdown started.

I do have promo codes available, so if you don't have an Audible account send me a PM and I'll give you a code to get a free copy. All I ask in return is that you leave an honest review on Amazon. 🙂
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    06 May '20 21:14
    @benjamin-barker said
    @HandyAndy

I am working on another book at the moment - once that's done I shall be publishing a second draft of SEVERUS to silence all the grammar Nazis! 😉

Those issues are obviously not as noticeable in the audiobook version which has been selling very well since the lockdown started.

I do have promo codes available, so if you don't have an Audible accoun ...[text shortened]... you a code to get a free copy. All I ask in return is that you leave an honest review on Amazon. 🙂
    Please don't think of readers interested in correct language as "grammar Nazis."

Without us you wouldn't have known about your plural subject/singular verb problems.
  13. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    07 May '20 07:401 edit
    @HandyAndy To be honest, I am only doing it because there are some people who fixate and attack at it in such a destructive and negative fashion that they are unable to move beyond it and focus on anything that's good about the work.

Luckily, the average person is happy to be entertained by the story surrounding the characters that they have become invested in and are able to forgive a few grammatical errors or typos.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree