1. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 18:30
    It was English, 1950's, about a nuclear scientist that steals an H-Bomb and hides it in London, demanding everyone disarm or he will detonate it.
    The scenes of the empty streets of London after evacuation is the only thing I really remember about it. very tense and well acted.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 18:36
    @Dood111

Was it this one?

Seven Days to Noon
    1950 ‧ Thriller/Drama ‧ 1h 34m

When Professor Willingdon (Barry Jones) becomes wary of the nuclear weapons he is helping build, he steals a warhead and threatens to detonate it in London in seven days unless the government begins nuclear disarmament. As Willingdon goes into hiding, Detective Folland (Andre Morell) of Scotland Yard sets out to find him. Willingdon's daughter Ann (Sheila Manahan) also joins the cause, hoping she can talk sense into her father before he causes a catastrophe.

Release date: December 18, 1950 (USA)
    Directors: John Boulting, Roy Boulting
    Awards: Academy Award for Best Story
    Screenplay: Roy Boulting, Frank Harvey
  3. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 19:37
    @mwmiller said
    @Dood111

Was it this one?

Seven Days to Noon
    1950 ‧ Thriller/Drama ‧ 1h 34m
    When Professor Willingdon (Barry Jones) becomes wary of the nuclear weapons he is helping build, he steals a warhead and threatens to detonate it in London in seven days unless the government begins nuclear disarmament. As Willingdon goes into hiding, Detective Folland (Andre Morell) of Scotl ...[text shortened]... e causes a catastrophe.
    Release date: December 18, 1950 (USA)
    Awards: Academy Award for Best Story
    YES!
    Thank you, I watched it years ago and remember it being riveting, no wonder it got an Academy Award for best story.
    Too bad it's not on Youtube anymore.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 Jan '21 00:47
    @Dood111
    It's listed on ebay right now on dvd for ten bucks or less. Some new, some pre-owned. Most have free shipping too. Just go there and type in the movie title.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree