1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:29
    @suzianne said
    After a money laundering scheme goes bad, the "economic adviser" for a Mexican drug cartel makes a deal with the cartel to run an even bigger operation in a sleepy resort town in the Ozarks in Missouri.
    It was filmed at a lake, Lake Allatoona, in Georgia. I give it 4.9 stars as far as TV Series shows go. Series shows lose their punch after the initial episodes, hope this one (March 27) proves that old adage wrong.
  2. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    27 Mar '20 15:56
    @averagejoe1 said
    It was filmed at a lake, Lake Allatoona, in Georgia. I give it 4.9 stars as far as TV Series shows go. Series shows lose their punch after the initial episodes, hope this one (March 27) proves that old adage wrong.
    If you are bored having to stay inside, my favorite arty movie from the 60’s is King of Hearts, comedy of vacated French town in World War I that’s been taken over by insane asylum patients
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Apr '20 09:022 edits
    Season 3 was as good as, and I think even better than, seasons 1 and 2.

I just watched the last episode in season 3 tonight, and the end scene was amazing. It took me by complete surprise, I was not expecting the cliffhanger twist at all.

No spoilers, please, if anyone else watched it.

I know Wolfe was somewhere in the middle of the series. I don't want to ruin it for him.
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    08 Apr '20 11:31
    @suzianne said

I just watched the last episode in season 3 tonight, and the end scene was amazing. It took me by complete surprise, I was not expecting the cliffhanger twist at all.

I know Wolfe was somewhere in the middle of the series. I don't want to ruin it for him.
    Thank you for that.
    I'll pick it back up when things calm.

My wife went ahead and watched them all.
    She raved!

The first season was splendid and unpredictable and I'm always a sucker for great storytelling.
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    08 Apr '20 11:34
    @thelistener said
    If you are bored having to stay inside, my favorite arty movie from the 60’s is King of Hearts, comedy of vacated French town in World War I that’s been taken over by insane asylum patients
    That sounds familiar.
    I might have seen that during the 1970's.
    And that's a good reason why I don't recall it so clearly. 🙂
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 18:44
    @suzianne said

Halfway through season 3. Really enjoying it. (We were watching it alongside the remake of 'Lost in Space.' )
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 19:051 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Halfway through season 3. Really enjoying it. (We were watching it alongside the remake of 'Lost in Space.' )
    I watch way too much TV, I guess.

Finished Lost in Space, both seasons, and now finished Ozark.

Gotta do something while getting my Peloton miles in.

Now watching 'Hunters' on Amazon Prime.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '20 19:301 edit
    @suzianne said
    I watch way too much TV, I guess.

Finished Lost in Space, both seasons, and now finished Ozark.

Gotta do something while getting my Peloton miles in.

Now watching 'Hunters' on Amazon Prime.
    And oh yeah, I'm also watching Season 2 of 'Altered Carbon'. Season 1 was great, not sure about season 2 yet.

And after that, I'm going to start on 'Another Life' on Netflix.

I heard Katee Sackhoff is in it, and I'm a big fan.

The bummer is that I heard it got horrible reviews. But it has been picked up for a season 2.
  9. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    27 May '20 05:02
    Ozark is great. It's curiously satisfying to see characters you hate, ones that seem destined to annoy you all the way to the bitter end, get what's comin' to 'em instead.

Suzianne, I highly recommend "Hand Of God," an Amazon production and free to Prime members. I'm not the biggest Ron Perlman fan, Sons of Anarchy was ok, but he was great in Hand of God. You won't regret it.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '20 01:04
    @suzianne said
    And oh yeah, I'm also watching Season 2 of 'Altered Carbon'. Season 1 was great, not sure about season 2 yet.

And after that, I'm going to start on 'Another Life' on Netflix.

I heard Katee Sackhoff is in it, and I'm a big fan.

The bummer is that I heard it got horrible reviews. But it has been picked up for a season 2.
    First time I've seen this thread, should probably look at this forum more. Ozark was great, can't wait for season 4, there has to be another season with that season finale.

You might like Dark, it gets more and more confusing as it goes but brilliant nevertheless.

Did you watch season 2 of Alerted Carbon yet? I just don't see how they can make another season from it, the first was great but didn't think they'd do another.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jun '20 06:50
    @trev33 said
    First time I've seen this thread, should probably look at this forum more. Ozark was great, can't wait for season 4, there has to be another season with that season finale.

You might like Dark, it gets more and more confusing as it goes but brilliant nevertheless.

Did you watch season 2 of Alerted Carbon yet? I just don't see how they can make another season from it, the first was great but didn't think they'd do another.
    Altered Carbon, I'm like a third of the way through season 2, slow going. It seems almost like a different show. I'm thinking they'll draw some connections between the two seasons eventually, but having almost an entirely different cast is throwing me off.

I'm agreed, with that ending, there has to be a season 4 of Ozark. His original agreement was to launder money for 5 years, we'll see what happens with that.

I saw Dark on Netflix but still haven't checked it out. I probably will eventually. I finished Another Life, so now might be a good time.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jun '20 06:52
    @tom-wolsey said
    Suzianne, I highly recommend "Hand Of God," an Amazon production and free to Prime members. I'm not the biggest Ron Perlman fan, Sons of Anarchy was ok, but he was great in Hand of God. You won't regret it.
    I can take a look at it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree