1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    24 Aug '20 20:35
    Am enjoying “Fall Guys” at the moment. Free on PS4. Silly entertainment.

Other than that I play the MP from The Last Of Us, I recently finished Resident Evil 7 and am looking forward to Horizon: Zero Dawn II. The first Horizon game was fantastic.

I’m also looking forward to the new Amnesia game.

Oh, and the remaster of Demon’s Souls will be an instant day one buy.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Sep '20 03:32
    @ogb said
    recently got an email from ATARI.. yes, they're still around.. They announced a new piece of hardware..Atari VCS 800. It comes with wireless joysticks. and bundled with hundreds of retro old games. lol ..it can be yours for only $389 !
    They should've just went mobile. Atari would've made a lot more money on downloads than from licensing hardware no one's gonna buy.

Excluding the Jaguar, Atari's entire library would easily fit on one mobile device.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 08:30
    @Suzianne
    Thanks for the info, didn't know jack about all this stuff, MMO and the like. I do chess and some word games but got bored with all the action shootemup's.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 12:00
    @sonhouse said
    @Suzianne
    Thanks for the info, didn't know jack about all this stuff, MMO and the like. I do chess and some word games but got bored with all the action shootemup's.
    If you want to play a good MMO, I'd suggest City of Heroes right now on the Homecoming servers. Totally free to play, they do take donations, but they regularly fill their own quota of donations within a couple days of opening up for donations every month.

All you have to do is download a launcher program and you can download the game through that. You must have an account and supply them with your username and password first, but there is no cost to play. Google "City of Heroes - Homecoming" to find the forums, register with that and then find on the forum instructions to install the game and play. Then, as your superhero avatar, go out and save the world.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 12:20
    @Suzianne
    Heh, if it was only that easy....
  6. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 12:21
    @suzianne said

Then, as your superhero avatar, go out and save the world.
    What would RHP do without you, Suzie?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 04:01
    @neilarini said
    What would RHP do without you, Suzie?
    I shudder to think. 😉
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 08:44
    Right now I'm playing Path of Exile, through Steam. Yeah, yeah, I know, can I get more retro?

Its latest expansion is "Heist", but I'm just starting, so I haven't been to Rogue Harbor yet, but I just got to a point in-game where I can go check it out. I think the first contracts are available at level 5, and I'm just a newbie Ranger at level 7.

No one I know who's into gaming ever told me how similar this game is to Diablo, Considering how into Diablo, and Diablo 2 (I never bought into Diablo 3), I was (I say was because I have misplaced my discs and since I have a new Windows 10 computer, I lost the ability to play), I'm surprised none of my gaming buddies ever clued me into PoE.

I heartily endorse PoE for anyone who misses Diablo 2. The skill tree alone is worth the price of admission.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 08:40
    @suzianne said
    Right now I'm playing Path of Exile, through Steam. Yeah, yeah, I know, can I get more retro?

Its latest expansion is "Heist", but I'm just starting, so I haven't been to Rogue Harbor yet, but I just got to a point in-game where I can go check it out. I think the first contracts are available at level 5, and I'm just a newbie Ranger at level 7.

No one I know who's in ...[text shortened]... y endorse PoE for anyone who misses Diablo 2. The skill tree alone is worth the price of admission.
    The greatest thing I like about Path of Exile is that yes, there is a micro-transaction shop, but the only things you can buy there are cosmetic items that do not affect game play. And you pay for these things with in-game currency, not real money, so they abolished the whole "pay2win" concept, where the people who invest the most money get the best gear. All items are either found as "loot" or traded between players or crafted in-game, then enhanced). Much more fair to the newbie player.

The developers said they play these games too, and so they created a game they would want to play, not a game where they just blatantly rip people off to make money. (WoW, EQ, DCUO, STO, I'm looking at you.)
  10. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 12:21
    @suzianne said
    The greatest thing I like about Path of Exile is that yes, there is a micro-transaction shop, but the only things you can buy there are cosmetic items that do not affect game play. And you pay for these things with in-game currency, not real money, so they abolished the whole "pay2win" concept, where the people who invest the most money get the best gear. All items are eit ...[text shortened]... e where they just blatantly rip people off to make money. (WoW, EQ, DCUO, STO, I'm looking at you.)
    Thanks for the earlier post explaining the acronyms Suzianne. I think I get it now.

"The developers said they play these games too, and so they created a game they would want to play, not a game where they just blatantly rip people off to make money. (WoW, EQ, DCUO, STO, I'm looking at you.)"

I had to learn the hard way when playing Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Mobile Strike" a few years back. What a gaming catastrophe!
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Sep '20 07:44
    @wolfe63 said
    Thanks for the earlier post explaining the acronyms Suzianne. I think I get it now.

"The developers said they play these games too, and so they created a game they would want to play, not a game where they just blatantly rip people off to make money. (WoW, EQ, DCUO, STO, I'm looking at you.)"

I had to learn the hard way when playing Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Mobile Strike" a few years back. What a gaming catastrophe!
    Yes, "micro-transactions" are good for the game creators, bad for everyone else, including people who play the game who have OCD. I've played too many of these games, like Perfect World, and others, made in Korea, just looking to capitalize on Americans with money. Some are good and well thought out in execution (like Neverwinter Nights), but the micro-transactions shop ruins a good game, too. "Pay2win" has long been a problem in this industry.

I just stay away from the heavily advertised ones, like Mobile Strike, Clash of Clans, Forge of Empires, and too many others. If they're spending that much in advertising, you know they are raking it in, in-game.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    04 Oct '20 20:101 edit
    Since this thread is here, I will brag about my accomplishments. In a last few years I have completed a number of classic RPGs. The Bard's Tale (original one), Ultimas I-VI, Might and Magic, Elder Scrolls Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim, Icewind Dale I and II, Baldur's Gate EE, Autoduel. Read it and weep.

Also long ago - Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, others

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree