1. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 23:47
    a white 1956 ford sedan. drove it to fayetteville, arkansas and back one time.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 01:14
    @mister-moggy said
    Bank job?
  3. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 01:36
    @HandyAndy
    i have been in jail twice and also juvenile hall as a child and i have committed several felonies for which i was never arrested for, but no, the trip to fayetteville was a two day visit to an old
    mansion in the hills where i drank "crick coffee" and pulled weeds out of tomato patch. i went to look for work on a newspaper and did not get the job. went up the road to springdale and looked into a job pulling turkeys off a truck at a plant that made dog food. i didn't take the job. drove back to los angeles and returned to the newspaper i left.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 04:09
    @mister-moggy said
    @HandyAndy
    i have been in jail twice and also juvenile hall as a child and i have committed several felonies for which i was never arrested for, but no, the trip to fayetteville was a two day visit to an old
    mansion in the hills where i drank "crick coffee" and pulled weeds out of tomato patch. i went to look for work on a newspaper and did not get the job. went up ...[text shortened]... e dog food. i didn't take the job. drove back to los angeles and returned to the newspaper i left.
    L.A. Times or Herald Examiner?
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 09:56
    @mister-moggy said
    Mine was a 1957 Ford sedan. Bought for $150 in '72 when I was in high school. Yeah, It was a piece of junk, but served me well for a few years.
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 11:40
    Mine was a 1964 Oldsmobile Cutlass F-85.
    It was pretty. But its power-plant wasn't.
    It was more of a love-mobile I guess, slow and steady while looking great! 😀
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 11:50
    A 1962 VW "bug", in 1965. Great car but the next winter during an very cold night the, under the back seat, battery froze. Those were the days. I was late for work. 😉
  8. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 02:212 edits
    @HandyAndy

i worked at the herald first when the workers went it first went on strike. i was

a "scab" and crossed the picket lines. years later i worked in what is now called the "library" but in my day it was known by it's old name as "the morgue".

after my trip to fayetteville though i returned to the whittier daily news.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 19:47
    @mister-moggy said
    @HandyAndy

i worked at the herald first when the workers went it first went on strike. i was

a "scab" and crossed the picket lines. years later i worked in what is now called the "library" but in my day it was known by it's old name as "the morgue".

after my trip to fayetteville though i returned to the whittier daily news.
    That was a tough strike. It lasted for years, as I recall.

The paper never seemed to recapture its public image and folded in the 80s.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree