1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    25 Aug '19 10:361 edit
    Though I'm impressed with what science and technology has accomplished, I'm also thankful for what they've NOT discovered. Case in point: The Arthur Legend - A recent slab of stone discovered near the old Tintagel castle in England contained the word "Artur" (or something like it) and so rekindled interest in this dusty old story. I hope that's all they find on this subject. Uncovering only tiny bits of evidence allows our imaginations to take over, and I think we need this from time to time. The Arthur legend may be nothing more than a silly bedtime story, but I would be sad to find out exactly what (if anything) really happened all those centuries ago, especially if there were a logical explanation for everything in the story.

Sometimes less is more. 🙂

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/ancient-inscriptions-tintagel-evidence-king-arthur-0010237

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/14/ancient-doodle-discovered-windowsill-tintagel-castle-evidence/
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Aug '19 13:54
    @mchill said
    Though I'm impressed with what science and technology has accomplished, I'm also thankful for what they've NOT discovered. Case in point: The Arthur Legend - A recent slab of stone discovered near the old Tintagel castle in England contained the word "Artur" (or something like it) and so rekindled interest in this dusty old story. I hope that's all they find on this subject. U ...[text shortened]... //www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/14/ancient-doodle-discovered-windowsill-tintagel-castle-evidence/
    I was listening to a talk about this last night from GK Chesterton. I don’t recall the name, I want to say “Return of the future King”
  3. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    25 Aug '19 22:54
    “...when the legend becomes fact, print the legend...”
    from “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence”
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    25 Aug '19 23:02
    @hakima said
    “...when the legend becomes fact, print the legend...”
    from “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence”
    I was just thinking the same thing!
    That's some incredibly good karma there my dear.

I remember that I heard Michael Wood quote that in one of his earliest doc's. A classic!

YouTube - Quote is at 39:30

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree