Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jul '19 21:531 edit
    @kellyjay said
    [youtube]9g1GzId_HKc[/youtube]

Is there a cure for today’s victim culture? | Michael Ramsden
    53 minutes 30 sec
    I do not believe in a "victim culture".

In today's world, there are definitely victims.

To ignore this and claim that victims weren't really victims and only want to "take advantage" themselves and therefore you make the victim the perpetrator. You therefore protect the actual perpetrators and deny the actual victims. This is obscene.

It's also contrary to Jesus' teaching, Kelly.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '19 22:22
    @suzianne said

To ignore this and claim that victims weren't really victims and only want to "take advantage" themselves and therefore you make the victim the perpetrator. You therefore protect the actual perpetrators and deny the actual victims. This is obscene.

Are you just going to say you don't believe in it, or watch it and tell me what you think? No one is saying there are not victims, that is not the point he is making, quite the opposite as a matter of fact.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '19 22:31
    @suzianne said

You know of all the people here, your opinion would be the one I'd love to hear the most and I'm not kidding!
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 11:35
    @kellyjay said
    Are you just going to say you don't believe in it, or watch it and tell me what you think? No one is saying there are not victims, that is not the point he is making, quite the opposite as a matter of fact.
    So now you're going to devolve into the standard conservative claptrap that "calling yourself a victim is demeaning to actual victims"?

Not buying it. That's just an excuse to keep from helping victims.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 11:361 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You know of all the people here, your opinion would be the one I'd love to hear the most and I'm not kidding!
    You should have started with not mentioning "victim culture". It doesn't exist.

It is merely "trigger-word" code to activate the conservatives in your audience.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 15:57
    @suzianne said
    You should have started with not mentioning "victim culture". It doesn't exist.

It is merely "trigger-word" code to activate the conservatives in your audience.
    Did you watch it?
  9. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 18:04
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 22:04
    @mister-moggy said
    @KellyJay

no
    How do I know your not one of those secret video watching posters who watch the videos and refuse to acknowledge them, hmm, hmm, tell how do I know!? 🙂
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 09:14
    @kellyjay said
    Did you watch it?
    No, I did not.

I'm not a conservative, Kelly.

I will watch this, though, and for one reason. I'll watch it with the stopwatch running and tell you exactly how long it took me to become offended by it and stop watching, because I fully expect it to be exactly what I've said it was. Conservative dog-whistling.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 09:281 edit
    I will say I'm now 5 min in, and I am still watching it, and I'm not dodging this, but I need to watch it later when I can devote some attention to it. The guy tells a lot of "stories". I'll get back to you.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 09:34
    @suzianne said
    I will say I'm now 5 min in, and I am still watching it, and I'm not dodging this, but I need to watch it later when I can devote some attention to it. The guy tells a lot of "stories". I'll get back to you.
    Thank you sister!
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '19 09:461 edit
    @suzianne said
    No, I did not.

I'm not a conservative, Kelly.

I will watch this, though, and for one reason. I'll watch it with the stopwatch running and tell you exactly how long it took me to become offended by it and stop watching, because I fully expect it to be exactly what I've said it was. Conservative dog-whistling.
    Have you had time to watch it yet? If you did and hated it, you can share that, if you did and you liked it I'd like to hear that too. If you didn't I will stop asking, if you want no part of it. Don't want to be bugging you about something you don't intend to watch.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 14:02
    @kellyjay said
    Have you had time to watch it yet? If you did and hated it, you can share that, if you did and you liked it I'd like to hear that too. If you didn't I will stop asking, if you want no part of it. Don't want to be bugging you about something you don't intend to watch.
    Patience, Kelly. I'll need to give this some time when I am not busy with a zillion other things.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree