1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 15:39
    If you have a lot of culture, you can understand all the Art displayed in a museum...
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 14:05
    @ogb said
    If you have a lot of culture, you can understand all the Art displayed in a museum...
    Well what exactly would constitute "understanding" art?

I claim that if something i s not understandable ias art for a given person it is not art for them...

I understand art, but that doesn't mean I understand it in the way the artist intended (if that plays a role at all) or othres or the cultivated others do.
  3. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 15:51
    @Ponderable
    someone with a lot of culture has studied art and has a formal education in the Arts, so has much better understanding than a "common" person..
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 21:071 edit
    @ogb said
    @Ponderable
    someone with a lot of culture has studied art and has a formal education in the Arts, so has much better understanding than a "common" person..
    "Understanding" is not a word I'd associate with the Art World.

"Interpretation" is.

What speaks to one, in art, may fall upon the deaf ears of another. I mean, by their very nature the discipline and mediums broaden greatly.

I enjoy art history; particularly the Italian Renaissance.

But that doesn't mean I'm limited to just painting and sculpture.

Music is art too. 😊
  5. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 01:04
    @WOLFE63

Yes, that's what I mean, you have proven to have Art Culture"
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 20:35
    @ogb said
    My short answer would be "no" Like chess, there would always be another layer of understanding deeper than what you can comprehend.
  7. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    22 Jan '20 03:17
    women have more inbred culture than men, because they were raised to think like females..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree