1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Nov '21 21:33
    @contenchess said
    Hey princess...

Those "others" came from countries that they themselves destroyed.
    How do you know they won't do they same here if they were the majority?

You don't.

Don't worry. Arizona will soon see. 😉

All of North America will soon see 😆

An example? Glorious cities in the USA turned to trash by diversity.

But...

But...

That's white peoples f ...[text shortened]... l to think they instantly changed when they got here 🙄

A leopard can't change its spots princess.
    You and your party's religion of fear.

"Forget about actually working to make things better. Let's just scare the bejesus out of everyone and then claim that only we have the answer. That should get us elected for a couple decades with no work on our part."

I'd rather see us crash into the sun before that happened.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Nov '21 21:37
    @kellyjay said
    Too many people are playing the victim card; it is getting to the point that almost everything is offensive to somebody. Not much grace and forgiveness, but plenty of grievousness; some can go back hundreds of years looking for a wrong.
    How about just treating people as human beings?

Why can't the right just do that, instead of trying to take people's rights away?
  3. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    13 Nov '21 00:282 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    13 Nov '21 00:301 edit
    @Suzianne

A conservative right winger is a human being.
    Why don't you start treating them as human beings?
    Practice what you preach.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Nov '21 06:16
    @contenchess said
    @Suzianne

A conservative right winger is a human being.
    Why don't you start treating them as human beings?
    Practice what you preach.
    They're using racist tropes to attempt taking others' rights away. Anyone who's not like them. That's inhuman.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Nov '21 16:171 edit
    @Contenchess
    REALLY? Good people on both sides? Maybe you remember THAT gaff? Trump did that DAILY. Instead of consoling the dead woman's family that day in Charlotte, never did he say a single word about that but instead goes there are good people on both sides.
    Like both sides were MURDURING.

So many examples of Trump corruption which you studiously ignore.

Will you continue to defend your goddam king when he is in prison?

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/1-dead-19-injured-as-car-hits-crowd-at-rally-in-charlottesville-driver-in-custody/507-463871502

I put this up as just a TINY example of the incompetence and downright corruption of your goddam king.
  7. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    11 Dec '21 18:17

Removed by poster

8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Dec '21 22:321 edit
    @Contenchess
    Examples? Try this: 40 or more years ago, repubs and dems would fight it out, DEBATE, then work out a compromise agreement.

You see that happening now? Moscow Mitch spelled it out quite plainly:
    I am the grim reaper.
    In other words, a dem bill comes to the senate, BECAUSE AND ONLY BECAUSE it is a dem bill, INTO THE TRASH.

If you think I am wrong, give me a counter example.

Or the 400+ bills by STATE repubs to limit the votes of minorities?

Oh, I forgot, all they want is Voter ID.

Which is a pile of stinking elephant shyte.

Or Texas figuring out how to SCOTUS proof their despicable abortion law just passed, where they don't assign penalties, put anyone in jail, just unleash an unlimited supply of BOUNTY HUNTERS to win 10,000 for anyone who HELPS with an abortion.

So in all those three I mentioned, you think the US is in FINE shape?
  9. Joined
    15 Apr '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '22 01:22
    @Contenchess
    Seriously. The Founding Fathers were in support of slavery yet the country, eventually, was not. Affirmative action was a successful attempt to rid this country of it's racist past. I suppose you'd rather us to have the apartheid government that every conservative seems to have supported just as now their attempt to overthrow a legitimate election. Stop blaming liberals for the thoughtless stupidity to which the conservatives seem to have tied themselves.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 02:55
    American culture, like the rest of the western world, is trash.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 02:57
    @mike169 said
    @Contenchess
    Seriously. The Founding Fathers were in support of slavery yet the country, eventually, was not. Affirmative action was a successful attempt to rid this country of it's racist past. I suppose you'd rather us to have the apartheid government that every conservative seems to have supported just as now their attempt to overthrow a legitimate election. Stop blaming liberals for the thoughtless stupidity to which the conservatives seem to have tied themselves.
    Choosing who deserves a job or an education based on skin color.

Now that is being American.
  12. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    12 Feb '22 19:50
    LOL!

I just read this entire thread. How ironic that the title “American culture”, in the Culture Forum, devolved into yet another hate-spewing fight so quickly.

This American gets up every day, just like the last 45 years, and goes to work. The government, like always, takes whatever it deems is my fair share of taxes. I struggle paycheck to paycheck, doing all I can to keep my family housed, fed, and clothed. And there are one hell of a lot of people just like me.

There are just more and more very unlike me. Some were born to wealth. Some became wealthy through honest means. Some live off the wealth of others. Some just know how to “work the system.”

It’s a big country. It’s very…diverse. While there are plenty of opportunities to pull together, this thread gives further evidence that it is much easier to just pointlessly argue and fight about absolutely everything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree