That pretty much sums up where the culture is going. πŸ™‚
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '21 09:59
    @kellyjay said
    There was a time when the spirit of America was upward. Hopeful and united. The political landscape is now choked with fear of "the other", causing the gullible to think only of themselves and to expect the worst from everyone else. Politicians capitalize on this when they claim that we are no longer our brothers' keeper and instead, we have to protect what we have because "the other" is looking to steal it from us. Once this is established, politicians claim that only they have the answer, to protect us from what we fear, which is what they told us to fear. An amazing selfishness has taken over America, leaving us stranded, far from the founding fathers' idea of "a more perfect union".
  4. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 02:437 edits
    @Suzianne

What you just said applies to both sides.

Well written but both sides are doing exactly what you just said.
    "White man bad" mentality just to give an example. "Capitalism bad" is another...
    "Everything and Everyone is Racist!"

Oh please πŸ™„

Those are no different than our lamentations.

Now the part about the founding fathers? πŸ€”

Ya I'm pretty sure they never intended men to wear a dress and the democrats to call them female.
    At the most they would do that in a play or something.
    I also think the founding fathers would have disagreed with the 47 genders πŸ€”
    I'm sure affirmative action would be disagreed with too.

The list is long...
    Just add most liberal policies and the founding fathers would disagree...
  5. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 02:47
    @suzianne said
    There was a time when the spirit of America was upward. Hopeful and united. The political landscape is now choked with fear of "the other", causing the gullible to think only of themselves and to expect the worst from everyone else. Politicians capitalize on this when they claim that we are no longer our brothers' keeper and instead, we have to protect what we have becaus ...[text shortened]... en over America, leaving us stranded, far from the founding fathers' idea of "a more perfect union".
    well said,
    My original post was going to state what I perceive as some very lamentable traits of many Americans. Things have gone downhill very quickly..and are worrisome....
  6. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 03:42
    @ogb said
    well said,
    My original post was going to state what I perceive as some very lamentable traits of many Americans. Things have gone downhill very quickly..and are worrisome....
    Like what?

Examples from both sides if you please πŸ€—
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 18:02
    @contenchess said
    @Suzianne

What you just said applies to both sides.

Well written but both sides are doing exactly what you just said.
    "White man bad" mentality just to give an example. "Capitalism bad" is another...
    "Everything and Everyone is Racist!"

Oh please πŸ™„

Those are no different than our lamentations.

Now the part about the founding fathers? πŸ€”

Ya I'm pretty s ...[text shortened]... o.

The list is long...
    Just add most liberal policies and the founding fathers would disagree...
    Shut up. Just shut up.

You are disastrously wrong, and you are a perfect example of what I wrote about. You have a deathly fear of "the other", meaning anyone not like you, precisely because that's whom you've been told you should fear, and you swallow it hook, line, and sinker, exactly because you are ignorant enough to think that the authoritarian tyrants you serve have your best interests at heart. They do not, but you have an ingrained need to believe in something, and instead of believing in the American people, of whatever stripe, you believe in those that want to strip all of us of everything we have, including our freedoms. Stop trusting in what lies behind the Looking Glass.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 18:08
    @contenchess said
    Like what?

Examples from both sides if you please πŸ€—
    "Insure domestic tranquility" has gone by the wayside, on both sides. The entire country needs anger management therapy.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 18:162 edits
    @kellyjay said
    It is important to distinguish society from culture. Society is what is here now, on a day-to-day basis, the people you meet in supermarkets and so on. Culture is what endures when a society dies. Think of classical Greece, for example; their culture lives on in certain concepts and art forms they bequeathed to posterity.

America as a society will someday be no more. But something will persist; I just hope it isn't the wreck of the environment, polluted with radioactive waste, plastics, and pesticides in the groundwater. Personally, I believe future civilizations will still be listening to Scott Joplin, Duke Ellington, John Lee Hooker, Little Richard, Robt. Johnson, and many other blues/soul/gospel/motown musicians, whereas Pat Boone and Wayne Newton will be forgotten -- it will be the Black man's ultimate reversal of fate.
  10. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    08 Nov '21 23:413 edits
    @suzianne said
    Shut up. Just shut up.

You are disastrously wrong, and you are a perfect example of what I wrote about. You have a deathly fear of "the other", meaning anyone not like you, precisely because that's whom you've been told you should fear, and you swallow it hook, line, and sinker, exactly because you are ignorant enough to think that the authoritarian tyrants you serve ha ...[text shortened]... of everything we have, including our freedoms. Stop trusting in what lies behind the Looking Glass.
    Hey princess...

Those "others" came from countries that they themselves destroyed.
    How do you know they won't do they same here if they were the majority?

You don't.

Don't worry. Arizona will soon see. πŸ˜‰

All of North America will soon see πŸ˜†

An example? Glorious cities in the USA turned to trash by diversity.

But...

But...

That's white peoples fault!!...

You're pretty...but you're a damn fool to think they instantly changed when they got here πŸ™„

A leopard can't change its spots princess.
  11. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    09 Nov '21 00:543 edits
    @moonbus said
    "Insure domestic tranquility" has gone by the wayside, on both sides. The entire country needs anger management therapy.
    Have you noticed you have a central attitude that seams to benefit both sides?
    Your posts seem that way to me πŸ€”

I'm just kidding.

"The black man's reversal of fate"?

Have you seen black countries?

A leopard can't change its spots.

Be careful what you wish for.

I seriously doubt Switzerland knows what the hell American cities are like πŸ™„
    Go blow a horn or something...
  12. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    09 Nov '21 01:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    10 Nov '21 00:311 edit
    @suzianne said
    Shut up. Just shut up.
    When I saw this I imagined you being incredibly sexy when you're mad. πŸ€”

πŸ₯°

I got my lottery tickets baby!

See you soon! 😘
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    10 Nov '21 07:22
    @Contenchess
    Have you noticed you have a central attitude that seams to benefit both sides?
    Your posts seem that way to me πŸ€”

"Seems, madam, nay is." I am neither conservative nor liberal. I judge each issue on its merits, regardless which party supports it or rejects it.

I'm just kidding.

So am I, sometimes, but not this time.

"The black man's reversal of fate"?
    Have you seen black countries?

I have seen Haiti, a country which would have been better off if Columbus had never set foot on it. First the Spanish murdered the entire native population; not a single aboriginal survived the first hundred years of Spanish rule. Then the French finished the job by demanding ruinous payments in exchange for recognizing Haitian independence; the economy never recovered.

A leopard can't change its spots.

True, but people aren't leopards. People are more adaptable than leopards. That explains why leopards are not found in all parts of the world but people are.

Be careful what you wish for.

'Cuz you might just get it.

I seriously doubt Switzerland knows what the hell American cities are like πŸ™„
    Go blow a horn or something...

I grew up in America. I know it well, have seen it from HI to AK to TX to MD, been across it several times, west to east and back again (hitchhiking--you see a lot that way). I voted with my feet, found a country I like a lot better. Switzerland has guns in private hands but extremely low violent crime rate (guns don't kill people; lack of anger management does). Direct democracy; govt has no power to implement any tax without a plebiscite. Has not invaded any foreign country in about 500 years. Great chocolate and practical pocket knives. Many things to like about Switzerland.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 04:13
    @moonbus said
    It is important to distinguish society from culture. Society is what is here now, on a day-to-day basis, the people you meet in supermarkets and so on. Culture is what endures when a society dies. Think of classical Greece, for example; their culture lives on in certain concepts and art forms they bequeathed to posterity.

America as a society will someday be no more. But s ...[text shortened]... at Boone and Wayne Newton will be forgotten -- it will be the Black man's ultimate reversal of fate.
    Too many people are playing the victim card; it is getting to the point that almost everything is offensive to somebody. Not much grace and forgiveness, but plenty of grievousness; some can go back hundreds of years looking for a wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree