1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 18:261 edit
    @very-rusty said
    @lemondrop

Your lies may be believed my some, but most know that I gave my clan an ultimatum and they decided to keep divegeester, it is really that simple without a long drawn out discussion. If were going to tell the story lets be quite honest about it.

-VR
    I am responding to your post from yesterday......
    Where you openly reveal to the public forum that you have no problem airing clan laundry and that you issue ultimatums to clan leadership.
    Which is fine by me. I don't care.

But you may want to have an awareness that you post to an audience which may include clan leaders who are considering you as a clan member.
    I am one of those clan leaders......

Just saying ....
    It's about optics. Optics !!
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 18:393 edits
    @mghrn55 said
    I am responding to your post from yesterday......
    Where you openly reveal to the public forum that you have no problem airing clan laundry and that you issue ultimatums to clan leadership.
    Which is fine by me. I don't care.

But you may want to have an awareness that you post to an audience which may include clan leaders who are considering you as a clan member.
    I am one of those clan leaders......

Just saying ....
    It's about optics. Optics !!
    Actually mghrn55,
    To me it is more about being honest and telling the truth, many lies have been told about my departure from the clan. I wanted to make sure the TRUTH be known. I wouldn't concern myself about future Clan Leaders who may or may not be considering me as a Clan member. There is much more I could have talked about which I didn't.
    We talked about certain things in a P.M., which were kept private and you jumped the gun pulling me out of pending challenges as a so called pre-caution. A slap in the face would have been much kinder thank you very much.
    You didn't want to become involved in arguments between Clan members until the TRUTH comes out then you feel like you must say something. What makes you think unless my Ultimatum is met which it obviously isn't going to be, I would consider even going back? You have hurt me more than you know by pulling me from those Pending challenges, some of which we may or may not have gotten. You now realize that was a mistake, or I may still be there.
    Next time a Clan member is talking to you about something in a P.M., that they've been dwelling over, you will not be so quick to jump the gun. Again the best of luck in finding someone who can win the clan over a hundred games a year and be quite consistent even in sickness. I believe I should have been shown more respect than I got from you.

It is about the TRUTH, THE TRUTH!!!

I will get in a clan where fighting among members in the public forums is not permitted!!! The Clan Leaders I've spoken to know this. Did you think I hadn't already been approached?

BTW: I will do my best to win all the remaining on going games I have!

Regards,
    -VR
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jun '21 12:181 edit
    Great at least one person does see some value in the TRUTH.

I am sure there are others who just don't come in here who would agree with me!

-VR
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jun '21 15:32
    @very-rusty said
    Actually mghrn55,
    To me it is more about being honest and telling the truth, many lies have been told about my departure from the clan. I wanted to make sure the TRUTH be known. I wouldn't concern myself about future Clan Leaders who may or may not be considering me as a Clan member. There is much more I could have talked about which I didn't ...[text shortened]... oached?

BTW: I will do my best to win all the remaining on going games I have!

Regards,
    -VR
    I went over your mostly incoherent post and I haver gathered enough from it to respond to 2 issues.

You talk about the truth. What is the truth ? Where are the lies ? Who is spreading them ?
    My posts are based on what you have posted in the public forums, and some of it is my opinions.
    Who are you calling a liar ?

And about you being in a clan with no-infighting ?
    Our clan had that rule. Not written on a document, but well understood.
    Do you not remember 2 years ago when the leadership said "Cut the CRAP!!"
    It is you who keeps breaking the rules !!
    You come in here and pick fights with your teammates. And with almost every other member of the clan community. It is your reputation out here.

btw, we had another rule. "No one person is bigger than the clan".
    Remember that one ? Yet you issue ultimatums to your own clan, essentially breaking that rule.

I will make one final comment..........

Your contributions over the years are duly noted and have always been appreciated by the leadership of our clan as well as your clanmates.

I did not boot you from the clan.
    But you have played your ultimatum card. And now you can own it.

Enough !!!
    mghrn55
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jun '21 16:023 edits
    @mghrn55 said
    I went over your mostly incoherent post and I haver gathered enough from it to respond to 2 issues.

You talk about the truth. What is the truth ? Where are the lies ? Who is spreading them ?
    My posts are based on what you have posted in the public forums, and some of it is my opinions.
    Who are you calling a liar ?

And about you being in a clan with no-infighting ?
    ...[text shortened]... the clan.
    But you have played your ultimatum card. And now you can own it.

Enough !!!
    mghrn55
    mghrn55,
    You blame me all you want if it helps you feel better about the situation.

Many have seen the gooster start with me on many occasions, not my fault you are rarely in the GF.

Here is the truth being you don't seem to understand my incoherent posting.

Reason I am leaving is because I gave you the ultimatum of making a rule stating no fighting in the public forums among clanmates as it once was, which you failed on. . Should have been made after our big blow out Dive & I last year. Also a big one was removing my pending challenges, as I said a slap in the face would have been kinder Not my fault you didn't put it back in, you wear that one yourself.

The liar is the one who said I was booted from the clan, or leaving before I was booted, as that was not the case, I left the clan, because you couldn't enforce a rule which was made to stop this kind of crap from happening.

I don't really care what was said 2 years ago, I care about what is said and done now. You're a weak Leader in my opinion, and to afraid to cross our Ex-leader. It was his rule who said no fighting among clanmates in the Public Forums. ( Part of a Clan Leaders job is to settle disputes among members in the Clan before they get out of hand as this one did)
    Then about 2 years after the Gooster arrives that all goes out the window. As he was attacking me which appeared to be fine with both you and our ex-leader.

The rule of no fighting among members was NOT ENFORCED. So, I guess there shouldn't be a problem with me giving an ultimatum.

Arguing with others in the Community was never frowned upon, just with each other in our Clan Metallica. "No one person is bigger than the clan", but I assure you one person can make a difference in that clan, as has been proven by players we have already lost that were just not replaceable. You can put another person in the spot and that is about it. They do their best no doubt about that, but don't replace the person who is gone.

So don't try and blame your own shortcomings on me, I will not take any crap off of you. You're the one who didn't do your job in my opinion.

The RULES! They went out the window about 2 years after the gooster arrived. Lets not say he had nothing to do with it. Did you see his drunken rant in the EURO 2020 thread that he started and posts he had removed, not me, HIM!!!!

Now make sure everyone gives this post a Thumbs down as would be your actions you would use, everyone go see my last comment to Very Rusty in the "Clan Forum".

-VR
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jun '21 16:25
    @very-rusty said
    mghrn55,
    You blame me all you want if it helps you feel better about the situation.

Many have seen the gooster start with me on many occasions, not my fault you are rarely in the GF.

Here is the truth being you don't seem to understand my incoherent posting.

Reason I am leaving is because I gave you the ultimatum of making a rule stating no fighti ...[text shortened]... our actions you would use, everyone go see my last comment to Very Rusty in the "Clan Forum".

-VR
    I wish you the best and hope you get the most for your subscription money on this site.

Be well.
    mghrn55
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jun '21 16:341 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    I wish you the best and hope you get the most for your subscription money on this site.

Be well.
    mghrn55
    LOL.....You don't really care, just appearing to take the high road is all.

Hard to dispute the truth.

Keep in mind next time a Clan member has a private conversation with you on things they been dwelling on don't be too quick to jump the gun and pull any pending challenges they have.

Another suggestion is settle disputes with clanmates before they get out of hand. I have a feeling it is just a matter of time and this same thing will happen again if you don't have a firmer grip in situations which may arise, and most likely will.

It is God's will if I will be well or not.

I am not going wish you, or dive, or our ex-clan leader well.
    I do however wish the long term members who I have played with much luck in their games and will miss them. You know who you all are as we have spoken in P.M.'s recently and over the years! I hope we will continue to communicate moving forward.

Regards,
    -VR
  8. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    20 Jun '21 18:09
    i'm glad i don't get any of this crap with my clan members
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jun '21 18:151 edit
    @wycombe-al said
    i'm glad i don't get any of this crap with my clan members
    I can't say I've ever seen any two of your clan members arguing with each other Al.

That is a very good sign!

I am sure you would soon put a stop to it! 😉

-VR
  10. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    20 Jun '21 18:41
    @Very-Rusty the only problem i've had which was not a nice one to deal with was about 7 or 8 years ago when i started getting messages about one of my clan posting racist messages in games, i was a bit taken back when said clan member didn't think they had done anything wrong when i booted them!
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jun '21 18:492 edits
    @wycombe-al said
    @Very-Rusty the only problem i've had which was not a nice one to deal with was about 7 or 8 years ago when i started getting messages about one of my clan posting racist messages in games, i was a bit taken back when said clan member didn't think they had done anything wrong when i booted them!
    Al,
    That is the way to control things is stop things before they get out of hand. I believe you did the proper thing in this case, knowing what you have told me, and I have never known you to lie. That is a long time ago, and people found out that you don't play around. You set a precedent which was the wise way to go in my opinion.

-VR
  12. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    20 Jun '21 18:59
    @Very-Rusty i do feel bad though that i never reported it to admin, i think now i should of as that player should have been removed from the site, but i expect they would just have come back under another account and probably have
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jun '21 19:06
    @wycombe-al said
    @Very-Rusty i do feel bad though that i never reported it to admin, i think now i should of as that player should have been removed from the site, but i expect they would just have come back under another account and probably have
    Don't feel bad about that Al, as that is exactly what would have happened.

We already have posters here who have been here before under new names.

-VR
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jun '21 19:304 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    21 Jun '21 01:11
    I've not joined a clan, and rarely visit this forum, and reading this I'm glad in both respects. Someone leaves a clan, someone doesn't leave a clan, it's only a clan, it's only a chess website, it's only chess. Worse troubles at sea, know what I mean?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree