1. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 19:36
    https://www.redhotpawn.com/clanchallenge/viewchallenge.php?challengeid=311631
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 20:04
    @wycombe-al said
    https://www.redhotpawn.com/clanchallenge/viewchallenge.php?challengeid=311631
    Strange, I believe this has happened before and was pointed out by my Clan Leader!

-VR
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 20:04
    @Wycombe-Al
    This is the 2nd instance of a bug I pointed out to Russ.
    This where games duplicate when challenge is created, but then can play out as separate games.
    Send a note to Russ. Or post as a bug in site ideas.
  4. Standard memberAnitya
    Shoshin
    under a fig tree
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 02:56
    This happened for a challenge we had. I hit Start at the exact same time as the other clan leader.
  5. Joined
    13 Feb '21
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 10:38
    @they

What are the odds! 😮
  6. Standard memberAnitya
    Shoshin
    under a fig tree
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 12:13
    @phil-a-dork said
    @they

What are the odds! 😮
    It happened the only was possible maybe, the other leader accepted and then started seconds apart. I was setting up other challenges so was on my clan page. I saw the start button suddenly appear and immediately hit it.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 14:26
    @they said
    It happened the only was possible maybe, the other leader accepted and then started seconds apart. I was setting up other challenges so was on my clan page. I saw the start button suddenly appear and immediately hit it.
    I would say it is glitch/bug, something that has to fixed. I've never seen it in the past and been playing in Clan Challenges now for going on 13 years. I've never seen it up until this point and I believe an upgrade was done not long ago. Could it possibly have had something to do with that? I certainly don't know enough about programming to know.

-VR
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 14:34
    @they said
    This happened for a challenge we had. I hit Start at the exact same time as the other clan leader.
    That's weird !!
    Only one clan leader should be seeing the start button on any challenge.
    Maybe that's the bug.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 14:40
    @they said
    As an added thought, it may not necessarily mean that 2 clan leaders are hitting the start button at the same time time, or seconds apart.
    This could happen hours apart.
    If 2 clan leaders have a start prompt, when they shouldn't, then one leader starts the challenge, but only updates the display on his side.
    And the opponent still sees the start button on his side. Then when he clicks the start button (which could be hours later), he updates the challenge id, which is the same for both players, so he ends up duplicating the games.

Just my speculation.....
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 16:40
    @Wycombe-Al

I opened a thread in Site Ideas
  11. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 17:48
    @mghrn55
    cheers
  12. Standard memberAnitya
    Shoshin
    under a fig tree
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 21:16
    Apparently I don't understand the Start button and who gets it. Did not mean to post inaccurate info ...
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 16:50
    This is a rare'ish problem. It is not related to any site upgrades, as it is a long-term bug. (And I could never find the fix as it is so unreproducible)

I'll take another look.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 17:17
    I've added more defensive code in an effort to stop this, but only on the new beta (for release within next 2 weeks.)

If any clan leaders would care to do some clan management whilst using the beta, that would be helpful anyway.

https://beta.redhotpawn.com
  15. Standard memberAnitya
    Shoshin
    under a fig tree
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 17:25
    @russ said
    I've added more defensive code in an effort to stop this, but only on the new beta (for release within next 2 weeks.)

If any clan leaders would care to do some clan management whilst using the beta, that would be helpful anyway.

[=https://beta.redhotpawn.com]https://beta.redhotpawn.com[/]
    Anātman has been doing all clan management on beta for awhile now with no issues.

A

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree