Moves
    19 May '22 19:14
    NBA- Celtics/Lakers
    NFL- Patriots/Steelers
    MLB- Yankees
    NHL- Canadians
    PGA- Nicklaus/Woods
    RHP- Metallica
    You may not like it, but there's no escaping the facts.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    20 May '22 12:34
    @bobla45 said
    NBA- Celtics/Lakers
    NFL- Patriots/Steelers
    MLB- Yankees
    NHL- Canadians
    PGA- Nicklaus/Woods
    RHP- Metallica
    Don't see any facts here.
    Just Conjecture(unless you're talking historically)
  3. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    21 May '22 19:50
    @bobla45 said
    NBA- Celtics/Lakers
    NFL- Patriots/Steelers
    MLB- Yankees
    NHL- Canadians
    PGA- Nicklaus/Woods
    RHP- Metallica
    I'm a Yankee fan and have been all my life. Even when they were horrible in the 80's. Great memories with my father. And Agreed with Celts and Lakers. Great series!

Your list great but I would have added Jordan and company vs my Knicks.
    And Bulls vs Detroit.

Great List!
  4. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    21 May '22 19:53
    @bobla45 said
    NBA- Celtics/Lakers
    NFL- Patriots/Steelers
    MLB- Yankees
    NHL- Canadians
    PGA- Nicklaus/Woods
    RHP- Metallica
    And have to agree Metallica created a dynasty. With the rules having changed I think it makes it harder for any clan to win year after year the way you guys did. Not saying it's impossible, but certainly more difficult. I'm working my butt off and don't know how long it will last. Feels like a job some days.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    24 May '22 18:11
    @vespin said
    I'm a Yankee fan and have been all my life. Even when they were horrible in the 80's. Great memories with my father. And Agreed with Celts and Lakers. Great series!

Your list great but I would have added Jordan and company vs my Knicks.
    And Bulls vs Detroit.

Great List!
    The list is not based on favorites, its based on total championships in each given sport. Steelers/Pats each have 6 superbowls, Lakers/Celts each have an equal number of championships, I think! And Nicklaus/Woods was a tossup, Woods has more tournaments, Nicklaus more majors.
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 May '22 19:02
    @bobla45 said
    The list is not based on favorites, its based on total championships in each given sport. Steelers/Pats each have 6 superbowls, Lakers/Celts each have an equal number of championships, I think! And Nicklaus/Woods was a tossup, Woods has more tournaments, Nicklaus more majors.
    It should be noted that there is no clan in RHP that can appear beside Metallica.
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    24 May '22 19:05
    @mghrn55 said
    It should be noted that there is no clan in RHP that can appear beside Metallica.
    I just love Metallica
    I dance to the beat twice a day
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '22 21:47
    @mghrn55 said
    There is no doubt we had a good run with 7 straight wins not to count the others.

I am very doubtful it will ever be duplicated.

-VR
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    26 May '22 22:18
    bunch of sacllywags
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 May '22 14:30
    @gertrude said
    bunch of sacllywags
    Jealousy will get you no where Lemon. 🙂

-VR
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    27 May '22 19:00
    @venda
    The facts are not an opinion of greatness, but actual total championships. And thats a fact
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 May '22 22:16
    @bobla45 said
    @venda
    The facts are not an opinion of greatness, but actual total championships. And thats a fact
    There is no doubt on this site Metallica set the Standard and were a winning clan for over a decade. As you said Facts are fact!

-VR
  13. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    28 May '22 21:28
    @bobla45 said
    My second post I think? Addressed the championships and the dynasty you guys created and your list which was a great list. But Chicago must be in there for basketball. They won the most I believe. I did not know Nicklaus had more Majors.

When Tiger got hurt and went on meds his whole life went to pieces. A lot of time missed.

How can you not love Jack!!!

Great Post in any case!
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    28 May '22 21:36
    @vespin said
    My second post I think? Addressed the championships and the dynasty you guys created and your list which was a great list. But Chicago must be in there for basketball. They won the most I believe. I did not know Nicklaus had more Majors.

When Tiger got hurt and went on meds his whole life went to pieces. A lot of time missed.

How can you not love Jack!!!

Great Post in any case!
    I'm gonna guess you are younger than 40. Bulls got 6 championships in the 90s, thats all they have . The Celts/Lakers I think each have 17 championships. Celtics in late 50s/60s won multiple years in a row, maybe 8. Will have to go check on that one
  15. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    28 May '22 21:37
    @bobla45 said
    @venda
    Agreed. Nobody will ever have a run year after year ever again especially the way the new rules are set up. It slows things down.

However, 15 years from now there could be another dynasty if a new team wins the majority of the years. Especially with the new rules.

Not taking away anything Metallica did. I agree. Just looking 15 years out and we never know who will emerge as the most winning clan in those future years. Under the new rules that would be a new dynasty.

If Max comes back I would say it would be between you guys and IVV if I had to pick

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree