Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    18 Sep '21 10:09
    Leading his clan by example ..
    @Nonkel

1 year : 1605
    Current/90-day 1350

Just gotta enter a tourney and timeout loads of games and you can start winning some easy clan games again ….
    Just makes a mockery of a clan system where clan ratings can be exploited by non-clan games
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    18 Sep '21 15:21
    @maxtheminnow said
    Leading his clan by example ..
    @Nonkel

1 year : 1605
    Current/90-day 1350

Just gotta enter a tourney and timeout loads of games and you can start winning some easy clan games again ….
    Just makes a mockery of a clan system where clan ratings can be exploited by non-clan games
    Not sure about this.I am playing Nonkel at the moment,so I looked at his profile.He's only lost 3% of games by timeout
    If you mean resign tournament games that's a different issue.
    I haven't looked at that
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    22 Sep '21 21:52
    @venda

What happens if you are simply putting more care into your clan games and you are prepared to move relatively faster in other games? That will create a disparity for honest reasons.
  4. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    24 Sep '21 19:47
    @Relentless-Red
    I agree with you. I don't think things are that black and white. You have to dig into history a bit. I don't know Nonkel. What I do know is he mentioned that there were some issues? Maybe personal? But he stated it affected his play and his rating. He did not seem to hide it.

I prefer to ask the clan leader about himself or his player in question on how good they are based on what I know and vetted. Starting a dialogue with a leader is important I feel, if he or she is willing to talk.

But I don't believe 90 days tells you much nor does TER tell you much. I think it's all used together with a rating to help make a decision.

Looking into clan games and seeing how two people did against each other in terms of their record wins vs losses is the best way.

But to say Nonkel is doing something based on 90 days??? That is not proof to me. That takes some reading, a few hours of vetting, and a chat with the leader if he is willing. I use all avenues possible before accusing anyone of something.

I'd like to know why so many clans make it so hard for my team to play them, why the matches are dragged out for 6 to 8 months at a time. Why do they have to bounce it back and forth until there is only one player vs one player?

And why some clans get the easiest matches that a child could point out, and those same clans make it impossible for a match when it is completely fair, equal, and each clan has a equal chance of winning.

Those are some of my concerns. Sandbagging is a huge problem. But if you do your homework as a leader, you will catch a lot of it.
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    24 Sep '21 20:42
    @vespin said
    @Relentless-Red
    I agree with you. I don't think things are that black and white. You have to dig into history a bit. I don't know Nonkel. What I do know is he mentioned that there were some issues? Maybe personal? But he stated it affected his play and his rating. He did not seem to hide it.

I prefer to ask the clan leader about himself or his player in question on ...[text shortened]... Sandbagging is a huge problem. But if you do your homework as a leader, you will catch a lot of it.
    good post
    I think next year the IVV clan will not have it so easy
    nonkel is a straight shooter
    always has his clan ready to rumble
  6. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    25 Sep '21 01:271 edit
    @Maxtheminnow
    90 days 1 Year 5 Years
    Highest Rating 1609 1609 1649
    Average Rating 1474 1462 1443
    Lowest Rating 1321 1321 1239
    Opponent Average Rating 1441 1447 1411
    Games Rated 180 642 2912

The years of his highest rating was also the lowest
    How does he manage to win 37 touneys if he ditches tournament games?

Again wrong dog barking up wrong tree. Dude you're a baffoon!
  7. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    25 Sep '21 09:35
    @lemondrop
    I agree completely.
  8. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    25 Sep '21 09:52
    @VESPIN

The bigger picture for me is that if there isn't a clear mechanism for organising a fair fight then very few people will want to put the time in as a clan leader, less challenges get organised and less players will want the clan challenges, preferring to find their own games in tournaments.

If clan leaders burn out and just accept loaded challenges then the clan members don't want the games and the clan dies. You end up with just a handful of active clans fighting to be king of the wasteland and then their players get bored of playing all the same old opponents as the pool shrinks. More incentive to go to tournaments for variety and players will prefer to play less clan games.

It has to be made easier to set up a fair fight or the whole system dies. Would clan ratings help that or is there a better way?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '21 09:27
    I remember a saying “people in green houses shouldn’t throw stones”
  10. Victor, New York
    Moves
    27 Sep '21 14:39
    @Silverstriker Sorry but I’ve heard it as glass houses.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Sep '21 16:261 edit
    I just want to talk a bit about myself here concerning my ratings which sway up and down. I playing in Tournaments, Club games, personal games which are rated. Then I also play in Clan games as you all know.

I believe my playing strength to be between 1400-1500. Of course it is in my own opinion others may think differently.

Because I play in these other tournaments, club games I can drop as low to high or low 1200's which would make me look like a sandbagger. I don't lose any games purposely but do play opponents way over my playing strength. It eventually straightens itself out but in the mean time how many games would I have played below my TRUE rating which is why I announce from time to time I believe it to be between 1400-1500, mainly for the Clan Leaders.

Opponents who have played me many times would know I am not a sandbagger and try to win every game I play. I sometime may carry too many games another fault of mine no else to blame here but myself.

If the Clan game Challenge ratings were kept separate from the other ratings, then I think everyone's true rating would show and it would make it much easier for the Clan Leaders to match people.

-VR
  12. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Sep '21 16:32
    @very-rusty said
    I just want to talk a bit about myself here concerning my ratings which sway up and down. I playing in Tournaments, Club games, personal games which are rated. Then I also play in Clan games as you all know.

I believe my playing strength to be between 1400-1500. Of course it his in my own opinion others may think differently.

Because I play in these other tournaments ...[text shortened]... true rating would show and it would make it much easier for the Clan Leaders to match people.

-VR
    has anyone accused of sandbagging?
    I'm tuning my fiddle
    😴
  13. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Sep '21 16:47
    @very-rusty said

I believe my playing strength to be between 1400-1500. Of course it is in my own opinion others may think differently.

Because I play in these other tournaments, ...[text shortened]... true rating would show and it would make it much easier for the Clan Leaders to match people.

-VR
    I declare you a non sandbagger and player of distinction
    QED
  14. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Sep '21 16:48
    we will now make this thread all about you and your paranoia
  15. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Sep '21 16:51
    doofus

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree