1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Sep '21 17:471 edit
    @ogb said
    don't use any ratings for clan games. just keep a win/ draw/ loss history for each clan.
    I think the obvious answer here is a Clan Leader knowing his own players strengths and weaknesses, their TRUE ratings as well as the opponents. You will not learn this over night, Some leaders are quicker to learn than others. Shortcircuit is the best at it in my opinion in the 15 years I been playing on 3 different chess sites. My apology to my present Clan Leader who obviously does a good job.

-VR
  2. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    25 Sep '21 09:39
    @Very-Rusty

I agree completely. With all of it. Good post.
  3. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    25 Sep '21 09:59
    @mghrn55 said
    Clan leaders can use the tools available to them on the chess website.
    I won't share my methology with you. 😛
    Honestly, I think a separate clan rating is a great idea as a new tool. But I understand that could be difficult.

I also think mghrn55 had the right idea of maybe adding a little bit of time such as 4 days between challenging the same clan instead of 7.

And instead of only 3 challenges at one time with any one clan, maybe make it a bit more like 5?

But I don't think it will help my clan any. It is harder to get three matches most of the time. Many hold up challenges for as long as they can.

To be honest, unless they can change the rating for clans then the small changes won't help that much. I don't mind it the way it is right now. But I would also not mind the small changes as well if everyone wanted them.

The best way is always for the leader to do the homework and to vet everything he or she can and use the tools available to them on the site as mghrn55 had said, if I read and understood him correctly.

If I had a wish? Different ratings for players in the clans. Separate from all other ratings. Again, I know it is really hard due to the coding.
  4. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    25 Sep '21 22:04
    @vespin said
    Honestly, I think a separate clan rating is a great idea as a new tool. But I understand that could be difficult.

I also think mghrn55 had the right idea of maybe adding a little bit of time such as 4 days between challenging the same clan instead of 7.

And instead of only 3 challenges at one time with any one clan, maybe make it a bit more like 5?

But I don't think ...[text shortened]... s in the clans. Separate from all other ratings. Again, I know it is really hard due to the coding.
    i think it does have to be seperate clan ratings, time for Russ to show the genius that he is!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree