1. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    18 Sep '21 10:10
    If you ever wanted to know why Metallica have stayed at the top year after year, then look no further than this example

@my2sons

1 Year: 2022
    Current/90-day 1515

And the sad things is lots have clan leaders have accepted challenges against this guy based on current rating lol
  2. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    18 Sep '21 11:47
    wow yeah, TER rating 1905
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    18 Sep '21 15:29
    @maxtheminnow said
    If you ever wanted to know why Metallica have stayed at the top year after year, then look no further than this example

@my2sons

Current/90-day 1515

And the sad things is lots have clan leaders have accepted challenges against this guy based on current rating lol
    That's because some clan leaders aren't as vigilant as others.
    I've said before that some clan leaders get fed up of looking for challenges so just accept whatever comes along.
    It's been suggested many times that rating should be separate for tournaments and clan play but I suspect it would be difficult to implement
  4. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    20 Sep '21 21:14
    @Maxtheminnow

I have had a serious bout with covid and still am trying to regain my form. Unfortunately my recent performance shows I have a ways to go.
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 15:481 edit
    We as a clan decided out of respect for our clan member my2sons to not make public the very serious challenges that he went through in the past year.
    This unless he decided to respond directly to this thread with its' accusation levelled at him.

I have to say that I am disgusted by the individuals that chose to thumb down his post that he didn't really have to make,

Some individuals here should really be ashamed of themselves.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 17:10
    @my2sons said
    @Maxtheminnow

I have had a serious bout with covid and still am trying to regain my form. Unfortunately my recent performance shows I have a ways to go.
    Sorry to hear about your battle with Covid my old Clanmate.

Happy you came out the other side.

-VR
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 17:22
    @maxtheminnow said

@my2sons

Current/90-day 1515

The sad thing is you didn't take the time to find out the reason for the rating drop.
    A quick message to Metallica's Clan Leader would have probably given you an answer.

I also noticed the drop and figured right away something must be wrong.

I know how secretive Metallica is from being there for 13 years, but did have a feeling something must be wrong as my2sons isn't one to sandbag his rating. Plays every game hard.

-VR
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 17:36
    @Maxtheminnow

When people make judgment calls and public proclamations like you did, without the slightest bit of background checking, it shows your lack of character and you have lost all respect from those who knew the truth.

I already knew you had no guts, now I know you have no brain either.
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 17:53

Removed by poster

10. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 20:51
    @mghrn55
    but you are starting games for him based on his low rating so you are taking advantage of his illness to get easy match ups???
  11. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 20:52
    @shortcircuit so a clan leader should then use that to their advantage, out of respect should my2sons not be given time to get over this rather than lauched into new games where he has a huge advantage?
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 21:123 edits
    @wycombe-al said
    @mghrn55
    but you are starting games for him based on his low rating so you are taking advantage of his illness to get easy match ups???
    That is a good point Al. Perhaps my feeling bad for my2sons was involved as I didn't even think of this part of it. I had assumed these games were already on going not being made up now. I must do my homework closer myself in the future. Perhaps I owe the Clan Leader of IVV an apology?

-VR
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 21:33
    @wycombe-al said
    @mghrn55
    Incorrect.
    He is not a 1900 player right now.
    He is losing as often as winning against 1500 rated opponents.
    We are trying to get his game back to where it was.
    And the current clan feature won't allow me to match him with his normal opponents.
    Are you suggesting I not play him ?

Besides, we all know the player ratings are out of whack.
    I consistently match my players against opponents (players from other clans) who are 300 points below their 5 year high rating.

Using Metallica players as an example to point out the farcical ratings is par for the course I guess.

I guess that comes with being the best clan on the site.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 21:34
    @very-rusty said
    That is a good point Al. Perhaps my feeling bad for my2sons was involved as I didn't even think of this part of it. I had assumed these games were already on going not being made up now. I must do my homework closer myself in the future. Perhaps I owe the Clan Leader of IVV an apology?

-VR
    As usual, you should think before you post.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 21:541 edit

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree