1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 18:05
    @shortcircuit

Well put.
    I am putting together a response to Moonbus' well written post, even if somewhat off base.
    The key word here being "off base".

This thread is distracting from the real issue that is pervasive within this clan feature.

Why is resigning games in decided challenges such a sore spot ?

This is a sideshow issue that was imagined out of thin air by the few malcontents that have been around for years.
    The main posters in this thread are the newcomers to this issue and are playing into the hands of those who are trying to push this tiresome narrative.

For some background, have a look at the profile of this individual.
    @mctayto

Put aside for a moment that he has no clue how ratings calculations work
    Put aside for the moment that this character has openly admitted to the actions he is currently carrying out.

Enough said.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 18:175 edits
    @very-rusty said
    It is quite obvious to me now, you have a bone to pick mainly with Metallica. I believe you've been on this site before. Are you a former site member who was banned at one time for something. Your focus seems to be concetrated on Metallica members.

-VR
    Sorry if I gave that impression. No, I don't really have a bone to pick with Metallica. No, I am not a former site member. No, I haven't been banned. If my focus seems to be concentrated on Metallica members, it's probably just because there are so many of them participating in this thread.

I'm taking a short break from posting but thought you deserved a reply to clear these things up.

Best wishes,
    CS
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 20:18
    @shortcircuit said
    Jeez, you seem to be an intelligent fellow. I cannot understand how in the world you cannot see that the stated rule indicates that the games cannot be deleted and an outcome will be occurring in each game.

A win, a loss, or a draw constitutes an outcome. PERIOD.
    If a game is resigned, one side gets a win and the other gets a loss. An OUTCOME.
    You are splitting hair ...[text shortened]... n is legal.

Pretty simply stuff really when you cut through all of the crap being added by others
    Not all outcomes are fairly earned. Success does not justify every means to it.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 20:251 edit
    @moonbus said
    Not all outcomes are fairly earned. Success does not justify every means to it.
    The outcome is in the challenge, not the individual games.
    There is no disagreement that the challenge is decided.
    Resigning a game is not altering the outcome of the challenge.
    As it did in the 2016 collusion fiasco.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 23:231 edit
    If everyone would please look into the hypno-wheel ...
    A certain word has vanished from the discussion.
    There is a blank in your mind where it used to exist.
    That word has vanished, and now you see "outcome" instead.
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 00:33
    @caesar-salad said
    If everyone would please look into the hypno-wheel ...
    A certain word has vanished from the discussion.
    There is a blank in your mind where it used to exist.
    That word has vanished, and now you see "outcome" instead.
    I know you're new here but I'm running out of mulligans.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 05:04

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 08:154 edits
    @mghrn55 said
    I know you're new here but I'm running out of mulligans.
    What would you need mulligans for? You have already stated your position several times, probably as well as you could.
    You have also had the assistance of four of your minions to help oppose dissent.
    It might look better if a few people outside Metallica supported your interpretation of the rules.

My "newness" is irrelevant. Is that an attempt to invalidate my point of view?
    I don't really care about grievances that people have been savoring from before I joined RHP.
    If Metallica and Mctayto are locked in some passionate grudge-tango from years past, that's your problem, not mine.
    (Well, even though it's not my problem in particular, it does affect the rest of the site, doesn't it?)

Further, if your interpretation of the rules could stand on its own merit, it would not need the help of diversionary tactics such as suggesting other site members are ignorant dupes, or deliberate misreadings of posts and site content, or attempts to change the terms of discussion.

I haven't had a problem with Metallica up until now, but I can very well see how someone might. It has become clear that Metallica has a problem with dissenters and with not getting its own way.

Shall we agree to disagree so that you can put your time and energy into promoting the idea of a separate clan rating?
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 09:40
    @caesar-salad said
    What would you need mulligans for? You have already stated your position several times, probably as well as you could.
    You have also had the assistance of four of your minions to help oppose dissent.
    It might look better if a few people outside Metallica supported your interpretation of the rules.
    I support 55's interpretation of the rules 100% and I have nothing to do with Metallica.

Maybe if you're new to the site you should sit back and take it all in first.

If you do this you will see McGayo for the cancer he truly is.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 13:151 edit
    @caesar-salad said

My "newness" is irrelevant. Is that an attempt to invalidate my poin ...[text shortened]... disagree so that you can put your time and energy into promoting the idea of a separate clan rating?
    I been watching your way of wording things. Has a very familiar sound to it especially the word minions which a banned player used quite frequently. I do believe you do have problems with Metallica and have from the very beginning. As someone supposedly new, why would you give a crap what was going on in the Clan Challenges? If it walks like a duck, quacks like duck, looks like a duck there is a good chance it is a duck!!! Lets give you the benefit of the doubt though and say that you are realitvely new, just sit back as someone suggested and pay attention to what is going on before jumping in with both feet. Just a little friendly advice!

-VR
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 15:32
    @very-rusty said
    I been watching your way of wording things. Has a very familiar sound to it especially the word minions which a banned player used quite frequently. I do believe you do have problems with Metallica and have from the very beginning. As someone supposedly new, why would you give a crap what was going on in the Clan Challenges? If it walks like a duck, quacks like duck, look ...[text shortened]... tention to what is going on before jumping in with both feet. Just a little friendly advice!

-VR
    I've been watching your way of wording things...

Are you a cauliflower?
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 16:213 edits
    @very-rusty said
    I been watching your way of wording things. Has a very familiar sound to it especially the word minions which a banned player used quite frequently. I do believe you do have problems with Metallica and have from the very beginning. As someone supposedly new, why would you give a crap what was going on in the Clan Challenges? If it walks like a duck, quacks like duck, look ...[text shortened]... tention to what is going on before jumping in with both feet. Just a little friendly advice!

-VR
    We did seem to be on friendly terms until you became paranoid (in the sense of connecting the dots wrong) and started thinking that I was someone else in disguise. But I commiserate -- that kind of thing has happened to me as well.

As for "minions", well at time of writing I held myself back from using "hounds" or "thugs". A little later I came back to change "minions" to the more neutral "clan members" but by then the editing window had expired.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 16:23
    @radioactive69 said
    I support 55's interpretation of the rules 100% and I have nothing to do with Metallica.
    Thank you. I appreciate your saying so.

The rest of your post -- not so much.
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 18:02
    @very-rusty said
    I been watching your way of wording things.
    It's called literacy. πŸ˜‰
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 18:45
    @caesar-salad said
    It's called literacy. πŸ˜‰
    Perhaps, but your thought process borders on lunacy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree