1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 21:12
    @caesar-salad said
    Yes he did, and then he somewhat undermined his well-written post with those last few words.
    Yes let’s focus on that, because otherwise....
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 21:14
    @divegeester said
    Yes let’s focus on that, because otherwise....
    Yes, and thank you, because I now realize that my rhetorical advice might have been wasted on someone else who whinges about metaphorical ax handles. ;-)
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 21:242 edits
    Is it just me or is there a preponderance of Metallica members in this thread?
    It almost seems like some kind of Marxian proof about accumulation of power.
    J/K -- it seems more like an attempt at mob rule.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 21:32
    @divegeester said
    Well I guess you had to say something, and that was it.
    Just letting you know, I was the first one to give that a like.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 22:16
    @caesar-salad said
    That fellow caesar-salad seems to spend a lot of time in this thread. Perhaps he has some kind of axe to grind?.....hmmm....

-VR
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 22:24
    @very-rusty said
    That fellow caesar-salad seems to spend a lot of time in this thread. Perhaps he has some kind of axe to grind?.....hmmm....

-VR
    Well, there is perhaps a Dostoevskian influence, but I promise I don't even plan to throw even just ax handles.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 22:28
    @caesar-salad said
    Well, there is perhaps a Dostoevskian influence, but I promise I don't even plan to throw even just ax handles.
    I think you mean dostoevsky influences! πŸ˜‰

Feel free to discuss.

-VR
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 23:00
    @very-rusty said
    I think you mean dostoevsky influences! πŸ˜‰

Feel free to discuss.

-VR
    "Dostoevskian" would be the adjectival form.

May I recommend "Underwhelmed" by Sloan? No slight intended by the song's title -- it's just a great song.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 07:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 07:232 edits
    @shortcircuit

Caesar salad cited the rule in his OP. Clan games cannot be deleted and shall be played to completion.

The issue is whether resigning drawn or won games violates "game completion" in the spirit and sense intended by the RHP rule caesar salad quoted, or whether, as dive intimated, any resignation regardless of board position or challenge status, legitimately fulfils the criterion of "game completion." Because we do not know what site admin intended when the rule was made, we have to use common sense and search for some benchmark, what "game completion" might be taken to mean.

I suspect that it did not occur to site admin when the rule was made that anyone would resign a drawn or won game, much less employ this systematically as a clan tactic.

If resigning games in drawn or won positions does not fulfill the spirit and intention of "game completion," then Metallica has violated a rule. If, on the other hand, dive is right, that any resignation completes a game (and does not merely 'terminate' it), by definition, than Metallica has not violated this rule.

Until site admin weighs in on this, we are in a quandry.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 07:24
    @caesar-salad said
    Yes, and thank you, because I now realize that my rhetorical advice might have been wasted on someone else who whinges about metaphorical ax handles. ;-)
    Had you of just given me some well meant advice in instead of posting some unsolicited “rhetorical advice” intended to deflect from an on-topic, thought-through post, then perhaps your efforts wouldn’t have felt wasted.
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 09:16
    @divegeester said
    Had you of just given me some well meant advice in instead of posting some unsolicited “rhetorical advice” intended to deflect from an on-topic, thought-through post, then perhaps your efforts wouldn’t have felt wasted.
    I nearly agree except that my advice was at least partly well-intended and I thought that "and desist in this metaphorical crying in the street" kind of derailed the rest of the fine post that preceded it.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 12:141 edit
    @caesar-salad said
    I nearly agree except that my advice was at least partly well-intended and I thought that "and desist in this metaphorical crying in the street" kind of derailed the rest of the fine post that preceded it.
    It is quite obvious to me now, you have a bone to pick mainly with Metallica. I believe you've been on this site before. Are you a former site member who was banned at one time for something. Your focus seems to be concetrated on Metallica members.

-VR
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 15:25
    @caesar-salad said
    You are just aligning yourself with the same attempts at humor, or not, in comments veiled in innuendo without merit. Congratulations, you are now a member of the mob.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 15:30
    @moonbus said
    @shortcircuit

Caesar salad cited the rule in his OP. Clan games cannot be deleted and shall be played to completion.

The issue is whether resigning drawn or won games violates "game completion" in the spirit and sense intended by the RHP rule caesar salad quoted, or whether, as dive intimated, any resignation regardless of board position or challenge status, legi ...[text shortened]... an Metallica has not violated this rule.

Until site admin weighs in on this, we are in a quandry.
    Jeez, you seem to be an intelligent fellow. I cannot understand how in the world you cannot see that the stated rule indicates that the games cannot be deleted and an outcome will be occurring in each game.

A win, a loss, or a draw constitutes an outcome. PERIOD.
    If a game is resigned, one side gets a win and the other gets a loss. An OUTCOME.
    You are splitting hairs attempting to weave your own desires into the solution.
    It does not work that way.
    Because the outcomes are achieved, the action is legal.

Pretty simply stuff really when you cut through all of the crap being added by others

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree