1. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 19:33
    @mctayto said
    Firstly I wasn't banned from the site
    I was banned from clan affliation due resigning clan games
    At no time did I break any rule of the site
    I only ever openly did what Metallica do all the time ie reduce ratings by giving up clan games in challenges they deem won already.
    The only reason Robbie was banned from the site was his typewriter was unable to hide his feelings of the hypocrisy he witnessed by the site in the way it dealt with the situation.
    The numbers simply dont add up though.

Thanks to the 200 ratings buffer large challenges are impossible nowadays..
    Look at metalluca clan who you seem obsessed with.
    A few 5 player but mainly 2 or 3 player challenges.
    Now in a three player challenge metallica must win four out of six games.
    So help us out...where is the mass resigning? No matter what you want to believe it does not happen..
    Secondly look at all metallicas players graphs no ski sloops there unlike yours.
    All you are doing is wasting your time looking for a crime that does not exist constantly beating opponents well below your ability while taking a spot from a tournament someone might actually want padger was the main voice in the past towards you.
    Why not start a clan play fair and actually be number one?
    Until then you will be treated as a joke.
  2. Here
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 20:48
    @mghrn55 said
    If you replace "talking" with "whining" we will capture the general tone of your post.

Keep posting, by all means. 😆
    Thank you for letting me post
    Nobody has answered my question about why it is OK for Metallica to drop games
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 21:461 edit
    @padger said
    Thank you for letting me post
    Nobody has answered my question about why it is OK for Metallica to drop games
    1- has Metallica dropped games ?
    If so point them out.

2- if we have, it is usually after a challenge has been decided.
    We don't drop games.
    We manage them for the benefit of the clan.
    Since I won't speak for others, I will speak for myself.
    If I have open games in a challenge that has already been won or lost I will evaluate my games.
    I will offer my opponent a draw in close games.
    I will resign a game that I know I am already losing.
    And I will try to complete any game that I am winning. I don't resign won games.

A top priority in clan competition is to get the challenge points in the books as quickly as possible.
    This is because we are now limited in the number of challenges we can have going on at the same time.
    Because of the collusion fiasco that occurred in 2016.
    Metallica plays by the rules that have come about because of other clans cheating.
    Metallica does not cheat.
    We play fair and we play well.
    If that is a source of discomfort for you and others like you, I won't lose any sleep over it.
  4. Here
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 22:14
    @mghrn55 said
    1- has Metallica dropped games ?
    If so point them out.

2- if we have, it is usually after a challenge has been decided.
    We don't drop games.
    We manage them for the benefit of the clan.
    Since I won't speak for others, I will speak for myself.
    If I have open games in a challenge that has already been won or lost I will evaluate my games.
    I will offer my opponent a dra ...[text shortened]... ll.
    If that is a source of discomfort for you and others like you, I won't lose any sleep over it.
    I am not saying that you cheat
    What I am saying why is it OK for you to do it in clan games and is frowned on in other games
    I am involved on a number of tournaments where I can not win them
    Is it OK if I resign the games left in these tournaments ?
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 22:231 edit
    @padger said
    What I am saying why is it OK for you to do it in clan games and is frowned on in other games
    In tournaments, you can still work to get a good standing.
    I am in tournaments I can no longer win.
    But if I can win a game to finish in 3rd place instead of 4th, I will try my best.

Clan challenges don't work the same way.
    Clan play is a team sport.

Glad I could help.
    It is up to you to demonstrate that communicating intelligently with you isn't a hopeless cause.

If you want to find out if it is ok to toss tournament games, ask Mctayto.
    He does it all the time.
  6. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 22:26
    @padger said
    As long as by resigning you are not interfering with who wins the tournament then no problem i never resign a game i am winning..hard enough to get a win without throwing it away.

The main and only important point you fail to accept is mctayto mass resigning games in tournaments some after 3 or 4 moves. Hes ruining the tournament and dropping his ratings.
    Dropped 450 points when he joined your clan
    If you cant see the difference not much point of future debate.
  7. Here
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 08:431 edit
    @roma45 said
    As long as by resigning you are not interfering with who wins the tournament then no problem i never resign a game i am winning..hard enough to get a win without throwing it away.

The main and only important point you fail to accept is mctayto mass resigning games in tournaments some after 3 or 4 moves. Hes ruining the tournament and dropping his ratings.
    Dropped 450 points when he joined your clan
    If you cant see the difference not much point of future debate.
    What you fail to realise is that if the clan points were appointed differently then all games would have to be played to a conclusion
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 09:08
    @padger said
    What you fail to realise is that if the clan points were appointed differently then all games would have to be played to a conclusion
    I suspect sir, that if I traveled forward in time a couple of years and popped back into this forum, you would still be tendering the same old complaint.

Get over it already.
  9. Here
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 12:09
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I suspect sir, that if I traveled forward in time a couple of years and popped back into this forum, you would still be tendering the same old complaint.

Get over it already.
    Probably

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree