1. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 10:143 edits
    @Suzianne

Its ok ... as they say, "water off a duck's xxxxxxxx" 🙂

We are doing fine, as the table shows. Unfortunately we have a lot of losses stacked up due to players timing out, so once the dead-wood has been removed we will have decent strength across most rating bands.

Last year we were on page 6 net and page 2 gross ..

This year we would like to be on page 1 for both. We'll see 😉
  2. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 10:16
    and we still have 2 places available ...
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 10:30
    @maxtheminnow said
    The clan system is what it is so thats what we play to ..

I seem to remember in the earlier days (in the 2000's) the 'default' clan list was based on gross points, not net points....

I also remember the main issues then were 1) some teams (can't remember who) having 25 players (20 active and 5 'leaving' ) on a rota-type basis and 2) sandbagging. I haven't seen an ...[text shortened]... t up proposals when they are ready

In the meantime, we still have 3 places available!

Cheers!
    The clan system has indeed evolved over the years as it was bound to do.
    It's become a bit like the premiere leagues in major sports-the same few clubs dominate every year and challenges to their supremacy is limited
    New rules for challenges have been introduced to try to eliminate manipulation of the system with some success.
    There are a lot fewer "active" clans than in the past , probably for a number of reasons.
    Still, it's good to hear that you think the system on RHP is better than other chess sites.
    Welcome back .I hope your clan is successful.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 20:32
    @suzianne said
    Biker bars aren't for babies.
    Is that why you stay clear of them? 😉

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 20:342 edits
    @maxtheminnow said

Its ok ... as they say, "water off a duck's xxxxxxxx" 🙂

We are doing fine, as the table shows. Unfortunately we have a lot of losses stacked up due to players timing out, so once the dead-wood has been removed we will have decent strength across most rating bands.

Last year we were on page 6 net and page 2 gross ..

This year we would like to be on page 1 for both. We'll see 😉
    Hey,
    For one nice to see some competition and a Clan Leader ready to put some work into it!

Nice If more Clan leaders had your attitude!

-VR
  6. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 10:071 edit
    We are now 20 😀

We have also won the new weekly awards for the highest net, highest gross, most games won, most challenges won categories 😉

Sadly we have also won the weekly award for the most games lost 🙄
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 16:311 edit
    @maxtheminnow said
    We are now 20 😀

We have also won the new weekly awards for the highest net, highest gross, most games won, most challenges won categories 😉

Sadly we have also won the weekly award for the most games lost 🙄
    You have to cut down on the games lost if possible, quite obvious right?

Pairings are so important!

You still have a nice lead on everyone!

-VR
  8. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 18:51
    @very-rusty said
    You have to cut down on the games lost if possible, quite obvious right?

Pairings are so important!

You still have a nice lead on everyone!

-VR
    I take it to mean I'm far too generous with the pairings 🤝

Or they could be Coquette's picks before she handed me the baton .. she always was a softee ....

And of course I'm sure the teams below us also have some defeats lined up ... just stringing them out 😉
  9. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 20:02
    already this looks like will be a good season, the more clans competing for top spot the better, would be good come December to see more clans in the top 5 or 10 all close going for the top, be a lot more exciting than the last few years
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 22:01
    @maxtheminnow said
    I take it to mean I'm far too generous with the pairings 🤝

Or they could be Coquette's picks before she handed me the baton .. she always was a softee ....

And of course I'm sure the teams below us also have some defeats lined up ... just stringing them out 😉
    I have nothing derogative to say about Coquette's picks. I believe she did her best with the challenges.

It is looking like a competitive year in my humble opinion, and of course I always have one. 😉

-VR
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 22:181 edit
    @wycombe-al said
    already this looks like will be a good season, the more clans competing for top spot the better, would be good come December to see more clans in the top 5 or 10 all close going for the top, be a lot more exciting than the last few years
    I concur Al and very nice to see!

I have a feeling I am going to have less time to play in the general forum now! 😉

-VR
  12. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 23:19
    @very-rusty said
    I have nothing derogative to say about Coquette's picks. I believe she did her best with the challenges.

It is looking like a competitive year in my humble opinion, and of course I always have one. 😉

-VR
    Coquette did a great job in getting eveything ready to pass the baton on to me so I could 'hit-the-deck' running
  13. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 23:25
    @wycombe-al said
    I've seen enough in the past few weeks to know there are plenty of strong clans out there so it may well be a competitive year

For IVV, we have set our target to get back to page 1 this year. We would like to be a good match for any clan challenge, and we will enjoy our wins and be gracious in our defeats 🙂

Good luck to everyone for 2021!
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 19:08
    @maxtheminnow said
    I've seen enough in the past few weeks to know there are plenty of strong clans out there so it may well be a competitive year

For IVV, we have set our target to get back to page 1 this year. We would like to be a good match for any clan challenge, and we will enjoy our wins and be gracious in our defeats 🙂

Good luck to everyone for 2021!
    Appears you are accomplishing your goal and sitting nicely on first page at the moment!!!

-VR
  15. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 11:05
    We have one space available if anyone would like to come and join us and help keep us on page one. We are currently hot (well, maybe warm!) on the tails of the leaders .. at least for now 🙂

If you are interested message me or send over a challenge

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree