20 Dec '20 18:53

Removed by poster

2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Dec '20 19:05
    @lemondrop removed their quoted post
    Now that you have figured that out, doesn't the idea occur to you that we should probably just ignore them and play our game?

It's not like they "win" anything tangible, nor does the title come with anything, like a mandatory acceptance of their win techniques.

Don't wanna play them as some sort of "protest" against an injustice you see? Great, but as we've seen, complaining about it doesn't work.

You've heard "you do you", right? In this case, it's good advice.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Dec '20 19:07
    That being said, Congrats to Metallica for finding the secret formula to success.
  4. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    20 Dec '20 20:10

Removed by poster

5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Dec '20 01:07
    @Suzianne
    Thank you.......
    I'll still wait till Dec 31 rolls around before I consider it a done result.
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    21 Dec '20 01:18
    And there are 4 undefeated clans!

Suzianne's 'The Misfits' 5-0-3
    MontyMoose's 'The Library' 11-0-1
    KingDavid403's "Mighty Warriors' 0-0-2
    Croc's 'Happy Snappies' 0-0-1

I don't think my clan, The Library, should count as undefeated. I started playing again after a year's absence and a ton of games timed out, so my rating was very low compared to what I can normally play at. But the RHP rules say clan challenges have to be within 200 points, so I was stuck with that and winning some fairly uneven games.

I have been here 13+ years and the Metallica controversy has been going on for most of those. One quick observation.

I was a member of Metallica for awhile. Upon joining, the first thing I did was read <every> post in the clan forums. There was nothing there to suggest any cheating or bad sportsmanship being discussed. Yes, every year the goal was to win the championship, but always within the rules at RHP. I was never asked to do anything unethical, I would have quit the clan if that happened.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Dec '20 15:15
    @montymoose said
    And there are 4 undefeated clans!

Suzianne's 'The Misfits' 5-0-3
    MontyMoose's 'The Library' 11-0-1
    KingDavid403's "Mighty Warriors' 0-0-2
    Croc's 'Happy Snappies' 0-0-1

I don't think my clan, The Library, should count as undefeated. I started playing again after a year's absence and a ton of games timed out, so my r ...[text shortened]... les at RHP. I was never asked to do anything unethical, I would have quit the clan if that happened.
    May I ask why you decided to leave?

-VR
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    21 Dec '20 18:27
    @MontyMoose
    Thank you for that Monty, the dedicated members of Metallica are very serious about their playing performance. We have had some great clan leaders also
  9. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    21 Dec '20 18:50
    @Very-Rusty:
    "May I ask why you decided to leave?"

I have periods where I love playing chess and periods where it just seems like a chore. I think I felt I wasn't pulling my weight with the clan because I was getting tired of playing.
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    21 Dec '20 20:41
    @MontyMoose
    Need a break. Tired. Down to a handful of games. That black star translates into a whole lotta moves over the years
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Dec '20 21:20
    @montymoose said
    @Very-Rusty:
    "May I ask why you decided to leave?"

I have periods where I love playing chess and periods where it just seems like a chore. I think I felt I wasn't pulling my weight with the clan because I was getting tired of playing.
    I have had those periods where I felt I wasn't pulling my weight when I was going through a rough period in my life. My Clanmates and Clan Leader were very understanding about it. Sometimes it helps if you talk with someone has been my experience. My Clan Leader at that time reduced my games until I was back up to feeling like playing again. I had been already to pack it in too. I know the feeling been there. I think many of us who have played for a long time get to that point.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree