1. Joined
    05 Aug '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '20 22:38
    I have a clan match which has been running since Jan 18. One of the players in my clan refuses to claim a timeout for the two games still going. I understand that some people don't like claiming timeouts but his opponent appears to have left the site.

Is there a way that both games can be ended? i.e. One game given to each player? In this case it would mean a drawn match.

Is there already a process for this?

Thanks.
  2. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 00:48
    I’d fire your clan member because that is just stupid as well as insubordinate. Just saying.....
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 13:251 edit
    @grandmaster-bater said
    I have a clan match which has been running since Jan 18. One of the players in my clan refuses to claim a timeout for the two games still going. I understand that some people don't like claiming timeouts but his opponent appears to have left the site.

Is there a way that both games can be ended? i.e. One game given to each player? In this case it would mean a drawn match.

Thanks.
    Some members aren't always going to agree with each other or you for that matter. I agree with the previous poster if he isn't going to listen to you about timing out two Clan games, then I'd tell him/her to hit the road. You know you do have the power to let someone go from your clan!

-VR
  4. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:09
    @grandmaster-bater said

Thanks.
    Are gamea not auto timed out like in tournaments?.
    I am sure it got changed for clan games as well..if 2 players left site playing each other the clan challenge would never end..auto timeouts brought in to rectify it
    Auto time outs take a few days after skull appears
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:501 edit
    @roma45 said
    Are gamea not auto timed out like in tournaments?.
    I am sure it got changed for clan games as well..if 2 players left site playing each other the clan challenge would never end..auto timeouts brought in to rectify it
    Auto time outs take a few days after skull appears
    I believe in Clan games you have to hit the skull, I may be wrong as a Clan skull doesn't stay long with me as I am always checking.

-VR
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 18:35
    A job to timeout long standing clan games ran today, so you should see the game concluded now.
  7. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 12:19
    @very-rusty said
    Some members aren't always going to agree with each other or you for that matter. I agree with the previous poster if he isn't going to listen to you about timing out two Clan games, then I'd tell him/her to hit the road. You know you do have the power to let someone go from your clan!

-VR
    I agree. For casual games I tend to let timed out opponents sit a bit, but I am obligated to click a skull in a Clan or Tournament game.

If other players are flagged on time, but I refuse to do so against my opponents, it gives my opponents an unfair advantage versus the other players who were timed out by their opponents- effectively letting them play under a different set of rules.

Assuming a Clan has not prior internal agreement on not flagging opponents, a player in a Clan who does not claim wins on time is a detriment to his Clan and should be released.

(And if the Clan itself does not flag people, they are also messing up the system- any other Clan can challenge them, knowing they can abandon lost games and thereby never lose- the one saving grace being that Russ will purge the timed out games anyway.)

In competitive situations on the site, a player who does not claim a win on time is not being nice or even honorable; they are being unjust by allowing their opponents to play by a different set of rules than the other players.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 13:022 edits
    @paul-leggett said
    I agree. For casual games I tend to let timed out opponents sit a bit, but I am obligated to click a skull in a Clan or Tournament game.

If other players are flagged on time, but I refuse to do so against my opponents, it gives my opponents an unfair advantage versus the other players who were timed out by their opponents- effectively letting them play under a differ ...[text shortened]... being unjust by allowing their opponents to play by a different set of rules than the other players.
    In Tournament games don't they auto time out after 48 hours of player not moving and being out of time?

As I said my skulls never stay long enough for me to know from experience.

I completely agree with the rest of your statement.

-VR
  9. Joined
    05 Aug '04
    Moves
    20 Jan '20 20:31
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    I have suspended him and I'm awaiting him to contact me. As yet nothing so may just leave him in limbo prison. Didn't help the game though. Russ has said he has run a script so all good. However, it means we get the points I think. I would have rather the draw. But hoo hum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree