1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 10:16
    Please see site announcements for more details.

Thread 180455
  2. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 11:04
    cheers Russ
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 11:42
    Preferred MINIMUM clan members before a challenge can be made?

* If In understand correctly this aims at the number of members you Need to take part in challenges not on the number of Players per challenge.
    My answer is two. The single Person Clans have made some strange things in the past. 3 is also a good number, all higher numbers will result in te impossibility to establish a new clan I think.

Preferred MAXIMUM number of clans a player can be a member of?

Here I voted 2 and saw that a lot of members voted for "unlimited". The Point of being in a clan is to Play in challenges. If a Player is member of several Clans it is difficult to set up good challneges, since that Player is inelligible (for a good reasion).

Preferred MAXIMUM clan members permitted in each clan?

I think the 20 has been proven to be quite well. We don't have many Clans which suffer from too many members.

On a more General note: The clan System seems to die away anyway, will any Change of the numbers encourage People to take part?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 12:03

I hope this is number of members you need to take part in challenges, and not the minimum number in each challenge. Can we get a clarification?

Here at first I thought this should remain 4, but Ponderable has a point. Make this too high and people will be spread too thin and they'll play even fewer challenges per clan, and every clan would like more, not fewer, challenges.

Preferred MAXIMUM clan members permitted in each clan?

I see what this vote is about. Few clans can field a full roster of 20, resulting in fewer clans being able to amass the points needed to win in a year. Raise this and the few number of clans that can max their membership will dominate the clan win list year after year. Lower it too far and the number of clans people can join should be raised because again, fewer games will be played per clan. Big clans would also be forced to cut members, which would be painful for some.

I'm thinking maybe introducing these votes all together will confuse the membership because the max number of members in each clan and the max number of clans one could join seem inextricably linked in an inverse ratio. As one goes up, the other should go down. But most won't understand this relation dynamic, and we could end up with both going up or both going down, adversely affecting clan play here.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 12:091 edit
    @suzianne said

I hope this is number of members you need to take part in challenges, and not the minimum number in each challenge. Can we get a clarification?

Here at first I thought this should remain 4, but Ponderable has a point. Make this too high a ...[text shortened]... amic, and we could end up with both going up or both going down, adversely affecting clan play here.
    Suzie Q,

It is all simple enough to me...Questions are very clear actually. What do you have a problem with?

Don't forget to vote one of the out best Votes in a while.

-VR
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 12:151 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Suzie Q,

It is all simple enough to me...Questions are very clear actually. What do you have a problem with?

Don't forget to vote one of the out best Votes in a while.

-VR
    Hey Rusty, you can either participate in the discussion or GTFO.

Don't come in here trolling people. It doesn't help anyone.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 12:17
    @ponderable said

* If In understand correctly this aims at the number of members you Need to take part in challenges not on the number of Players per challenge.
    My answer is two. The single Person Clans have made some strange things in the past. 3 is also a good number, all higher numbers will result in te impossibility t ...[text shortened]... clan System seems to die away anyway, will any Change of the numbers encourage People to take part?
    I think 2 is too few and a couple people are taking advantage of that right now in case you haven't noticed. I think 5 would be a perfect amount for MINIMUM players in a clan.

-VR
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 12:19
    @suzianne said
    Hey Rusty, you can either participate in the discussion or GTFO.

Don't come in here trolling people. It doesn't help anyone.
    Like I said the explanation of the Votes seems simple enough to me.

If you don't understand them feel free to ask questions.

Telling me to get out doesn't help anyone either! GTFO...don't be so silly!!!!

-VR
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 12:23
    @Very-Rusty

So how many Clans woukld survive?

And how many could be founded?

My own clan is at 5 members. We would vanish as soon as the next Person goes without replacement.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 12:301 edit
    @ponderable said
    @Very-Rusty

So how many Clans woukld survive?

And how many could be founded?

My own clan is at 5 members. We would vanish as soon as the next Person goes without replacement.
    Now, that is a good question!

I think allowance should be made to give you time to get back up to 5 but I think a clan should need at the very least 5 to start.

Our clan has dropped from 20 to 15, so I see the point you making here very clear.
    We just don't take anyone who applies, and it does sometime take time to get the people back.

Again, very good point made. This may need to be looked at a little deeper.

I also personally believe members should only belong to 1 clan. How can you show loyalty belonging to 2 or more clans?

-VR
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 12:35
    @very-rusty said
    I think 2 is too few and a couple people are taking advantage of that right now in case you haven't noticed. I think 5 would be a perfect amount for MINIMUM players in a clan.

-VR
    Said the guy from a huge clan.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 13:102 edits
    @suzianne said
    Said the guy from a huge clan.
    Suzie Q, pause for a moment and look at what is happening with one of the 2 player clans! I rest my case!

Keep in mind this is a vote and majority will decide. Do you agree with a 2 member clan as a clan leader?

You actually only have one less player than we do at this point! 😉

-VR
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 14:541 edit
    First of all ... Thank you, Russ.

You know that the clan feature is an informal friendly competition that relies to a certain extent on some goodwill.
    When that goodwill is compromised, everyone loses.
    Not just one clan.
    I do realize that Russ has enough on his plate to not be bothered with this ongoing soap opera being played out by a few whiners that have a grievance against one clan.
    For that reason, I chose not to come directly to site administration.
    But rather to present the issue to the general clan community.

I'd like to say that an important point that I made in a previous post is that there are legitimate clans that are presenting a serious challenge to our clan, Metallica.
    And they want to beat us fair and square.
    And it could very well happen this year.

What this 2 player excuse for a clan has done so far is not a slap in the face to our clan.
    It is a slap in the face to all clans competing against us.
    And especially any clan that could defeat us this year.
    I just want all clans to be aware of this clan run by lemondrop and his recruit Mctayto who already has a history with the clan feature.

That being said, I will give Russ's proposal serious thought and submit my vote.
    I'm not sure the 3 proposals will address the issue at hand.
    Last thing I want to do is punish small clans out there, who may be just starting out, over the actions of the 2 characters that brought this thread about.

Once again, I thank Russ for at least being on top of this.
    If anything, I know he wants this feature to work.

Mike.
  14. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 16:08
    @mghrn55 said
    First of all ... Thank you, Russ.

You know that the clan feature is an informal friendly competition that relies to a certain extent on some goodwill.
    When that goodwill is compromised, everyone loses.
    Not just one clan.
    I do realize that Russ has enough on his plate to not be bothered with this ongoing soap opera being played out by a few whiners that have a grievance ...[text shortened]... Russ for at least being on top of this.
    If anything, I know he wants this feature to work.

Mike.
    Well said.
    Given the grusome twosomes past exploits they should never be allowed near a chess board ever.
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 16:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree