1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Apr '21 09:491 edit
    If you are not a long term RHP subscriber with a 2checkout recurring subscription paid by Mastercard, this can be ignored.

We have been migrating from 2checkout as our payment processing supplier over the last 2 years to Stripe.com ( with Paypal, Apple and Google pay as alternatives) .

As from the 29th of April, any recurring subscriptions that had previously been placed using Mastercard will no longer renew (this is 2Checkout's decision and out of our control), so we will be cancelling many long term orders.

Subscribers will need to renew their order as and when their existing subscription expires with a new order using one of the currently available options.

A private message will be sent including a link on how to renew.

All affected subscribers will be contacted via private message as their subscriptions are cancelled. Apologies in advance for the inconvenience, hopefully you will choose to renew and continue to support RHP.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    26 Apr '21 19:131 edit
    @Russ
    Ok Russ.
    I await the link.
    I have recently updated my card details as the old one expired.
    I presume I will have to enter them again via the new link when I receive it.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 08:291 edit
    @venda

Unfortunately, yes, once your current subscription expires (which has now switched from a recurring to non-recurring) you will need to create a new order and subscribe afresh.

It really was not a nice experience cancelling active (and well maintained, as you have proven!) subscription orders. But, when you depend on a supplier, as we do for payment processing, things like that this can happen - and was even predicted somewhat, hence the move to Stripe.com over the last 2 years, where their longevity is not in doubt.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 09:49
    Just to clarify : MasterCard can still be used on any new order when it is renewal time. Our new payment processor (Stripe.com) does process MasterCard.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 10:49
    @russ said
    Just to clarify : MasterCard can still be used on any new order when it is renewal time. Our new payment processor (Stripe.com) does process MasterCard.
    O.k.Thanks for the clarification.
    My subs run out on Thursday(29th)
    So presumably I wait until my light goes out, and then go onto my subscription and start afresh,or could I do it beforehand?
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 12:21
    @venda
    That is correct. Just wait for PM with a link to the subs page rather than doubling up. If you have any issues though, or anything you think could be improved with the process, please do let me know.
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 08:501 edit
    @russ said
    @venda
    That is correct. Just wait for PM with a link to the subs page rather than doubling up. If you have any issues though, or anything you think could be improved with the process, please do let me know.
    The subscription renewal I have just completed was very easy.
    I can't think of any way it could be improved.
    I hope RHP(and my life!!) will continue so I can take full advantage of the free year I have for subscribing for 3 years.
    For info for anyone who wishes to know, the cost of 3 years and one year free is US$119.95
    I don't know what the exchange rate is or if there was a currency conversion fee levied by mastercard.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 09:27
    @venda

Thank you. May you have many happy chess playing years ahead of you. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree