1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Jan '18 14:112 edits
    We will be 17 years old next month, and some of our players have been with us from the very start. To acknowledge the support of many long term players, an update to player profiles is currently being rolled out (website only) which will show how many consecutive years someone has been playing at RedHotPawn.

Thank you to you all for helping build the RHP community, particularly the 16 year (soon 17 year) veterans!
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    04 Jan '18 19:56
    Originally posted by @russ
    We will be 17 years old next month, and some of our players have been with us from the very start. To acknowledge the support of many long term players, an update to player profiles is currently being rolled out (website only) which will show how many consecutive years someone has been playing at RedHotPawn.

Thank you to you all for helping build the RHP community, particularly the 16 year (soon 17 year) veterans!
    Should make interesting reading
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 02:45
    Dang, found out I'm a nubie
  4. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 10:32
    Hi Russ, there seems to be a glitch in the veteran thingie: New players are shown to have been here more than 100 years 😲 !
  5. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 13:52
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Hi Russ, there seems to be a glitch in the veteran thingie: New players are shown to have been here more than 100 years 😲 !
    Already corrected! Well done!
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 13:54
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Already corrected! Well done!
    Yes, my error - new users defaulted to 100 years unexpectedly!
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 14:12
    Originally posted by @coquette
    And I am feeling my age here. I guess I needed a reminder.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 21:58
    Originally posted by @coquette
    My sabbatical has done for me - I've been on this site almost as long as you have, but because I stopped playing for just over a year a couple of years ago, I now only have four years on my rosettes πŸ™
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '18 11:51

Nice idea. Is it linked to subscription years or just since joining?

E.g. see Shallow Blue’s comment.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jan '18 16:59
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Nice idea. Is it linked to subscription years or just since joining?

E.g. see Shallow Blue’s comment.
    AFAICT it's linked to how long you have been actually making moves, with the count reset when you stop moveing for over a year. Subscription certainly hasn't anything to do with it, because I don't have one; and I joined ten years ago, not four.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '18 17:47
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    AFAICT it's linked to how long you have been actually making moves, with the count reset when you stop moveing for over a year. Subscription certainly hasn't anything to do with it, because I don't have one; and I joined ten years ago, not four.
    Ah I see, thanks for clarifying.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Jan '18 09:323 edits
    Yes, how this works currently :

- You have moved in the last 30 days. (If you are inactive, you can move again to restore the award, as long as you satisfy condition below.)
    - You have moved in a game that was started in a year.
    - Subscriptions not considered.

Also, if if you make move in a game that subsequently gets deleted (abandoned games are sometimes removed if both players are inactive) then it will not qualify. We need to have a record of the moves.

edit : Updated each week, so there will be some lag if you reach a milestone date.
  13. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    08 Jan '18 12:23
    Yes, how this works currently :

- You have moved in the last 30 days. (If you are inactive, you can move again to restore the award, as long as you satisfy condition below.)
    - You have moved in a game that was started in a year.
    - Subscriptions not considered.

Also, if if you make move in a game that subsequently gets deleted (abandoned games are so ...[text shortened]... if both players are inactive) then it will not qualify. We need to have a record of the moves.
    I am very close to the top of your 'old-timers' list, as your 16th member. I imagine you and Chris are no. 1 and 2. I think you said once that several of the first accounts were 'dummys' that you added in order to test the site.

It would be interesting to see a list of the first 50 or 100 members and see how many of them are still actively playing. Or maybe an option to sort all of the members by their userid number.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 16:58
    Yes, my error - new users defaulted to 100 years unexpectedly!
    Aw shucks, I had hoped some member had invented a time machine.
  15. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 19:371 edit
    Originally posted by @mwmiller
    I am very close to the top of your 'old-timers' list, as your 16th member. I imagine you and Chris are no. 1 and 2. I think you said once that several of the first accounts were 'dummys' that you added in order to test the site.

It would be interesting to see a list of the first 50 or 100 members and see how many of them are still actively playing. Or maybe an option to sort all of the members by their userid number.
    Good interesting idea.
    What about taking it a stage further and creating a veterans tournament for, say the 32 longest active members?
    The eventual winner could become rhp veterans champion and have it displayed on his profile.I don't think I'd qualify but I 'd be interested to follow it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree