1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 13:30
    I don't know how exactly the system will be changed, but if it gives more opportunities for non-subs to do mischief by mass alerting innocuous posts who's politics they don't agree with, they will do so. One only has to read the thread in General to see that certain right wing posters (who accomplished making Debates into the JV version of Stormfront over the last month or so) view the suspension of Debates as a leftist conspiracy to deprive them of their non-existent "right" to post racist swill on a private chess site and are itching to continue their noble fight by any means possible. It is, after all, the most popular news story on Britbart and the rest; "White, Right WIngers viciously deprived of their rights by liberal conspiracy".

It's only a matter of time before the Russ-Soros link is revealed.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 13:51
    @no1marauder said
    I don't know how exactly the system will be changed, but if it gives more opportunities for non-subs to do mischief by mass alerting innocuous posts who's politics they don't agree with, they will do so. One only has to read the thread in General to see that certain right wing posters (who accomplished making Debates into the JV version of Stormfront over the last month o ...[text shortened]... rights by liberal conspiracy".

So what you are saying is Soros is Russ...Russ is Soros. Now that I can buy.
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 22:01
    Hi guys. What did I miss?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 22:03
    @sleepyguy said
    Hi guys. What did I miss?
    The 20th Century.
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 22:09
    @no1marauder said
    The 20th Century.
    OK. Lol. I haven't followed the forum much lately because it was so stupid, but apparently someone turned the stupid up to 11.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 04:41
    @no1marauder said
    I don't know how exactly the system will be changed, but if it gives more opportunities for non-subs to do mischief by mass alerting innocuous posts who's politics they don't agree with, they will do so. One only has to read the thread in General to see that certain right wing posters (who accomplished making Debates into the JV version of Stormfront over the last month o ...[text shortened]... rights by liberal conspiracy".

This, actually, is the crux of the problem.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 22:27
    Just to demonstrate how far one can go, I am at an NFL Football forum, well run.
    But it might be a little too stifling. There was a thread about all the great
    quarterbacks. One poster talked about his recollections of an old-timer, which
    pegs his age, old.

Anyway, another poster simply typed back, "Ok, boomer" - boomer = baby boomer = old.
    But he said it in a derogatory fashion, and right away, a mod was on him
    with a warning not to do that again. That's rough!

So you get some plusses and some minuses either way you go.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 16:23
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Just to demonstrate how far one can go, I am at an NFL Football forum, well run.
    But it might be a little too stifling. There was a thread about all the great
    quarterbacks. One poster talked about his recollections of an old-timer, which
    pegs his age, old.

Anyway, another poster simply typed back, "Ok, boomer" - boomer = baby boomer = old.
    But he said it in a d ...[text shortened]... g not to do that again. That's rough!

So you get some plusses and some minuses either way you go.
    There is one chess site that you get one warning and that is it. Next time you are gone. I am a lifetime member and it has a lot of people on it. For obvious reasons I can not say the site's name.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree