1. Here
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 16:08
    @venda said
    One way to nullify the effect of the cheats is to starve them of games.
    If theyt aren't playing games they can't manipulate their rating and suchlike.
    There's probably 2 main reasons why this doesn't happen.
    Firstly I suspect some clan leaders never read the forums and just accept challenges at face value not knowing about the tactics of some players and clans.
    Secondly, I ...[text shortened]... ed there are those who will find a way to manipulate it to give them an advantage, fair or otherwise
    If the way points are allocated is correct
    How come Metallica have come top the last 6 years and yet have only once won the most challenges
    In 1 year they only came 4th in won challenges and yet are still top
    It doesn't make sense
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 16:19
    @padger said
    How come Metallica have come top the last 6 years and yet have only once won the most challenges
    It doesn't make sense
    It's alright Padger. I'm afraid it's above your comprehension level. The rest of us understand the system which works quite well when you don't have a few malcontents that try to take advantage of it.

Just keep playing your games and let those who have an understanding of how the clan system works voice their opinions
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 18:031 edit
    @padger said
    It doesn't make sense
    Your proposal, which is similar to the old gross points method, has been long dead and buried.
    We have the current system which is what it is and is accepted by the vast majority of the community.

Russ started this thread on his suspicions of unethical activity.
    Some of us are contributing to this thread by offering suggestions and evidence of the cheating.

If you want to continue to post your pet grievances, please post to the clan forum.
    We will provide you with handkerchiefs there.

As to your response to Very Rusty, I will gladly call you out here.
    You are the individual that is refusing to resign a game during a mating attack.
    The clan feature is based on some measure of goodwill and gentlemanly behaviour.
    By refusing to resign and even refusing to move a piece, you are clearly demonstrating that you possess neither trait.

Have a nice day.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 18:05
    @venda said
    One way to nullify the effect of the cheats is to starve them of games.
    If theyt aren't playing games they can't manipulate their rating and suchlike.
    There's probably 2 main reasons why this doesn't happen.
    Firstly I suspect some clan leaders never read the forums and just accept challenges at face value not knowing about the tactics of some players and clans.
    Secondly, I ...[text shortened]... ed there are those who will find a way to manipulate it to give them an advantage, fair or otherwise
    This clan leader frequently changes the name of his clan, though not much lately.
    I suspect that this enables him to slip past the guard of other clan leaders who have put a flag on him.
  5. Here
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 19:071 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    Your proposal, which is similar to the old gross points method, has been long dead and buried.
    We have the current system which is what it is and is accepted by the vast majority of the community.

Russ started this thread on his suspicions of unethical activity.
    Some of us are contributing to this thread by offering suggestions and evidence of the cheating.

If you wan ...[text shortened]... g to move a piece, you are clearly demonstrating that you possess neither trait.

Have a nice day.
    I will not be bullied
    If you had not tried to intimidate me I would have resigned before
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 19:33
    @padger said
    It doesn't make sense
    I don't want to get into a debate about the points system Padge.
    It's been debated many times and I've nothing new to offer on the subject.
    I'll just repeat that whatever the system there will be loopholes to exploit it.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 19:381 edit
    @padger said
    I will not be bullied
    If you had not tried to intimidate me I would have resigned before
    I have not communicated with you for months.
    Therefore I have not bullied you.

btw, has Lemondrop assigned you any clan games lately ?
    Allow me to answer that.
    You have not been assigned any since April.
    You have a total of 8 clan games with the fake clan since you joined in March.
    Meanwhile, Lemondrop has put out 10 games for McTayto just today.
    10 one player challenges just for the cheat !!

It would be a real shame if Russ wrote an algorithm to wipe McTayto’s games from
    the clan results at the end of the year, wouldn’t it ?
  8. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    28 Jul '19 21:27
    @venda said
    I don't want to get into a debate about the points system Padge.
    It's been debated many times and I've nothing new to offer on the subject.
    I'll just repeat that whatever the system there will be loopholes to exploit it.
    If a playwr is caught cheating at my local chess club...they are booted.
    Same for golf tennis bowls...even cricket..😁😁

Boot the cheats that stops loop holes..
  9. Here
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 07:271 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    I have not communicated with you for months.
    Therefore I have not bullied you.

btw, has Lemondrop assigned you any clan games lately ?
    Allow me to answer that.
    You have not been assigned any since April.
    You have a total of 8 clan games with the fake clan since you joined in March.
    Meanwhile, Lemondrop has put out 10 games for McTayto just today.
    10 one player challe ...[text shortened]... te an algorithm to wipe McTayto’s games from
    the clan results at the end of the year, wouldn’t it ?
    Ask Very Rusty whether he has tried to get me to resign early
  10. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 11:28
    @cashthetrash said
    Why does this sound like a Monopoly and hostile takeover by the large Clans to force out the small clans? Happens all the time in business. Capitalism always wins right? The two or three top clans will control who gets to join and play in the Clan System until total collapse of everyone else. I’m probably wrong though. I don’t know. Just something about this seems wrong. ...[text shortened]... gh I am a Capitalist. Maybe I don’t fully understand everything since I haven’t a horse in the race.
    if clans were limited to five members it would be hard for there to be "large clan domination" as it would be fairly easy to get to five clan membership ( after the large twenty member clans are dissolved and the players have to look elsewhere to be in a clan or form their own ).
  11. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 14:21
    @padger said
    Ask Very Rusty whether he has tried to get me to resign early
    Rusty is a gentleman. Unfortunately he is not playing against one. He shouldn't have to ask given the state of that game.
  12. Here
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 15:02
    @radioactive69 said
    Rusty is a gentleman. Unfortunately he is not playing against one. He shouldn't have to ask given the state of that game.
    I agree and if he left me alone I would have resigned but no, big boots approach means he can wait
  13. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 16:24
    @padger said
    I agree and if he left me alone I would have resigned but no, big boots approach means he can wait
    I'm glad you agree that Rusty is a gentleman and that you indeed are not. Resign the game and stop making a bigger fool of yourself
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 16:33
    @padger

Well it is good to know that your "integrity" is on par with your "stupidity".

Stop drinking the Kool-aid
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 16:51
    @padger said
    Could you stop posting here in site announcements ?
    Your pouting belongs in the clan forum.
    If your feelings have been hurt, put them in the clan forum.
    This thread was intended to address a serious issue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree